+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brrrrrr! Finally, Winter Arrived!

Brrrrrr! Finally, Winter Arrived!

After several false alarms, and another this morning, well...

Not really! The temps were only supposed to go down to 25 degrees which is really cold for here, but....

It was 21 degrees when I left the house this morning for school. OMG! Don't laf at me. That is so very cold, and I am not used to it!

Thank goodness, everything was prepared due to prior 'false' alarms.

Still! I am ready for winter to be over. This cycle of very warm to extreme cold is not goodness for my plants!

OK! I dumped!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Wink

Ann,

I feel exactly the same way about the extreme temp fluctuations we've been having. Of course our lows have been as cold as -20 F and the highs might actually get into the low 40's(Tomorrow, in fact!) or upper 30'3 for a day or two this week before settling into the 20's again. Might have a snow shower on Friday, but not much if any accumulation is expected here - too far from any large bodies of water, like Lake Michigan!

These below 0 temps are not normal for us here in central IN, not for this long anyway. It all makes one wonder what happened to the "warming" part of "Global Warming", doesn't it!

I am ready for Summer already! Done had enough cold for one season - the heck with Spring, I want heat!!!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Well, today I felt some relief and said to myself, "finally, it looks like winter is leaving" because the temperature got up to 25 degrees today.
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Well, Old Man Winter sure has us all in his clutches!! We can't seem to get above 15 during the day, and the nights are a bit on the chilly side too. It's supposed to get up to a balmy 28 tomorrow, but it'll be back down to 10 by Sunday (again), and of course....MORE SNOW!!!!!

I was ready for Spring in November!!

I can hardly wait for the temps to get up the 30s and stay that way for a while. SWEATER WEATHER!! (As opposed to the 40s when it's ...T-SHIRT WEATHER!!!) Right now it's PARKA WEATHER!!

Blog Entries
    We're forecasted to be above freezing today and tomorrow! I can't believe it! Of course it won't last long as we're back into the freezer on Saturday! At least it's only the freezer and not the deep freeze!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

OMG!

High of 72 degrees today...

Soon, I will have to remember to turn off the heat and turn on the air conditioner. HOT, COLD, Hot, cold.... It's that time of the year.

When I read about how cold it is up north, I don't complain.

That is for SURE!

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    We had 2 nice days with the temps in the 40's, but it must have ticked off Old Man Winter because he has come back and he is not happy! Temps have been in the low to mid 20's for the daily highs - I don't even think about the lows! Snow yesterday - maybe and inch, inch+, a little late last night and it started again this morning (I assume, since I was asleep!). Looks like we could get 2 to 3 inches from this one. And then, another front is coming through on Wednesday. It's about time we got some snow cover this winter, it really isn't going to amount to very much, but it IS moisture and we are way behind for the year so far. I don't see that being a problem as I expect a wet spring. I have plants to dig and ship out so you know it's going to be wet!

My "fallen tree" in the back garden looks neat with it's blanket of snow, y'all will just have to imagine it though as I have no desires to go outside and take a picture of it. If there's still snow on it Friday I will see if I can get a few shots of it since I will be leaving the warmth of the inside to go to a Dr's apt!

Come on SPRING!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Brrrrr! Again!

21-23 degrees tonight, and the heaters are working as hard as they can.

I am READY for winter to be over, and YES, I do wish that all of yours could be over as soon as minel

Still waiting, thoughl...

Hugs!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, We have been under a winter storm watch for 2 days now. Most of it dodged us and we only got a couple of inches of snow. But the temps dropped and the wind picked up. The wind chill has been about -10. But at least it is supposed to get up near 50 by Friday. I am so ready for spring. The older I get the longer winter lasts.
    tennessee sue

Hi All,
    It is a little chilly 8 degrees here now. Supposed to warm up tomorrow and then to 33 on Friday. I can not believe how slow this winter season is going, of course we have had snow like forever now. I'm still hibernating. LOL!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    It's going to be 70 here tomorrow.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

It was 72 degrees today, and the forecast for the next 5 days is 70 or above.

Beats the freezing lows we had in the last three days, that is for sure!

All of you, up north, are more patient than me. I am ready for these frost/freeze temps to go away!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread