+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Song of India

Threaded View

Song of India

When I went to the Dr. for a recheck on my cataract surgery this week they gave me this lovely plant. I thought that that was so nice. I had seen lots of plants around their office each time I had been there and wondered what they were all for. It is Pleomele reflaxa "Song of India". BTW I can see again.
    Attached Images  
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Wow you have a nice doctor. I didn't know you had eye surgery. I'm glad it went well. Both eyes ?
    That is such a nice plant; I'l look it up on the net.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    oh it's a Draecana ! Oh my ! If Mom was still in Florida, that plant would grow like gangbusters there. Her Draecana of florist arrangement origins took off like crazy and are everywhere.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Sue,

I didn't know either, but I am thrilled that all went well!

You are so young to be having cataracts. I was scheduled to have my eyes checked last summer, but ran out of time. I do really need to do that, but there are other pressing things to deal with, so it had to wait.

Lovely plant in a beautiful pot, I must say!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

The cataract formed very quickly and was severe in my left eye. There is one forming on the right but not a problem yet. I had the surgery Wednesday. My Dr. is very nice, the plants are a great idea and make you feel special after this ordeal. The plant is different from a draceania according to what I have read. It gets fairly tall I think and will need to go into a bigger pot in spring. THe pot is actualy plastic but it looks really nice for now. We are very pleased with it. It has a prime spot in the living room.
    tennessee sue

Wow! That is a nice touch. What a lovely doctor you have to give you such a lovely plant. I am so glad your op went well.

+ Reply to Thread