+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2009

Cathy,

Your story of the seniors party touched my heart...

Aren't they amazing? Just goes to show you that there is life and fun after aging...

Your story reminded me of the special (crippled) children at my school. They are amazing and so many of them are fully of spirit and joy. Even the little girl that is so very crippled and needs help with diapers in the restroom is such a joy. Numerous days, she was in her wheelchair, all crippled and unable to control her arm movements, but Mom, Dad or somebody had spent the time to make her look extra pretty. That smile, those laughs and the thrill in their uttered sounds (can't speak) when you say, "Wow! Don't you look pretty today!"

It's just a New Year reminder that we are all people, young, old, pretty, not, crippled, disabled, whatever! We all have feelings and our surroundings influence our happiness.

Bless you! And thank you for sharing! I would have loved to have been there! Life and joy is not about materialist things or beauty and youth, it is about pure enjoyment and doing what you enjoy, the thrill and privilege of being ALIVE.

Oh, a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR for your Mom and the other seniors that enjoyed their special party.

Big HUGS to YOU!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Unhappy Our 2009

Our 2009 has started with bad news. On the day after Christmas our son who worked at the nursing home was terminated for talking about a gun. Now this was just a conversation he was having with someone, he had no plan to use a gun . Then on New Year's night about 7pm my daughter was leaving her job to come home for a bite to eat when she was T-boned by a young man who was speeding. Her little SUV may be totaled. We are thankful she was not injured any worse than the minor injuries, sore neck and head(side airbag deployment hit that area), no broken bones or cuts or loss of blood. She is upset about it and we are to but we can't do much
    I have to go, I need to drive the rental car she is getting since she is on medications for muscle pain.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

That is soooooo dumb, to terminate someone for talking about a gun. Mind you, I am not a gun person, but I have used them before, and I know that they can be fun and challenging. As long as it is fun and sport... I remember when I was young and my brothers got guns, so they let me try my hand at shooting at a target. They were amazed that I could shoot as well as I did, but I only did that a few times because guns aren't my thing.

Then, when Hunter was little and squirrels were such a nuisance because they love pecans, I used a pellet gun to show Hunter how to aim and use it properly. Well! I hit the poor thing right where I aimed it, and I will never forget the vision of the open jaws as the squirrell felt the pain and fell to the ground. No more showing Hunter how to use a gun to shoot a squirrell. That is the one and only time that I killed something with a gun, but my brothers did it all the time as youngsters in the woods surrounding our house.

Once, they killed a possum. It turned out to be a Mama possum. They brought home the ugliest bald, huge headed little babies. For days and nights, I did not sleep and tried to help the babies live. They all died, and I cried and cried and I suspect my brothers laughed at me.

I'm sorry that your daughter's SUV was totalled, but I am glad that she was not injured worse. A few years back, a huge 18 wheeler ran a stop sign and hit the SUV that a friend was driving. The friend's head was decapitated and her young son was killed as well.

So, what is more dangerous? Talking about a gun or driving a car?

I'm so sorry and hope that this coming year will bring better news for you.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Yes, I agree that is really dumb. You terminate someone just from a talk? Can he explain? appeal? Oh well, but then it wouldn't be a nice place to work any longer even if he "wins."

Sorry to hear about that, Dawn.
    Last edited by Ann B.; 01-03-2009 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Corrected the name... ;)
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2