Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2009

We are there

May your plants grow and flowers bloom

Oh!

Thank you, Abby!

Happy New Year to All!

This year, I have promised myself that I will finally fix all the stuff that was damaged and destroyed by Hurricane Ivan and the more recent hurricanes.

Yes, unfortunately, it seems to be a never ending process. BUT! I developed a plan. Hunter is feeling better. He is outside with at least 5 other boys, so why NOT?

A few minutes here and a few minutes there of their time and wowzie! All of the lumber is out of my car, stacked where I need it!

Then, when I need a tool or an extra few hands, I just holler, "Hey, Boys! I need your help!" And they come running...

Such a joy to see the smiles on their faces as they team together to help me.

It's so wonderful to have my Hunter back, almost well again, just a little weak and very thin.

No doubt in my mind that 2009 is going to be a spectacular year!!!!

Happy New Year to All My Wonderful Friends who bring so much joy to my Life!!!!

Thank YOU!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

My first project for the new year...

Oh, somewhere underneath all of this was a storage table, a potting bench or whatever you want to call it. The big branches crushed the top, and I have made "do" until I can stand it no MORE!

Here is where it is...
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

or maybe, I should say where it was...
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Yes!

A mess, isn't it? I remember that I just had the cast taken off my arm and hand after surgery. I couldn't possibly take care of it all, but thanks to the help of my brother, we did a lot.

But, oh, MY! So many things were left undone...

2009 is the year to get it DONE!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Wow! that sure is a mess. Thank goodness you had a helping hand with it.

We should be able to do new fresh exciting things in the New Year - not have to cope with things sitting on the 'back burner' But I guess that is not what life is all about.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all of you. It has been very nice to be able to see your flowers, your houses, your gardens, your living rooms, etc. Thank you all!

Happy New Year!
    Dave
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Happy New Year all. It is now officially 2009. I for one am glad to see 2008 gone. I believe it was one of the worst years of my life and I have high hopes that this year is a whole new beginning. Lots of plans for new gardens, new plants. Bless you all and hope this year is the best yet.
    tennessee sue

Some people in my neighborhood was doing fireworks. Bang bang bang, and I thought someone was shooting. Then I realize it was fireworks. It was nice.

Happy New Year all! So long 2008. May you all have a happy and blessed year!
    Dave

Blog Entries
    I went to a New Year's eve dinner and party at the retirement place where my Mom just moved. Now, of course, things get modified a bit. Entertainment, provided by a group called Yesterday's Playboys(LOL!), ran from 6:30 to 8 PM. 8PM was midnight ! A good time was had by all. Hats, horns, noise makers. And the husbands of the 2 live-in married co-manager teams, circulated around asking the ladies to dance. And, my, oh, my to see ladies who can barely walk get up there and dance and the beaming smiles on their faces when they finished ! The activity director danced with one elderly man who is essentially blind; he was thrilled. And later, off in the distance, I saw a man with his walker dancing(shakin' that booty!) along with the activity director. On the dance floor, I saw a man with a woman who has a walker. He held onto the front of the walker and they really did manage to dance--never saw that before. The evening was fun !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Happy New Year!!!!!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Happy, Happy, Happy New Year!

Underneath that huge pecan tree limb was a storage table. The top was busted really badly, and I have made do with it for the last few years.

2009 is the year to repair!

Here is my new table top It is made with pre-cut treated plywood. I had to use 2 X 2's to elevate it a bit because the screws from the rotted wood underneath the old one were simply too hard to remove.

The table is covered with 6 mil (I think) greenhouse plastic which should and will last for years. Since it is in my porch, my 2 year plus seedlings that are still in window boxes will reside here and the porch will be enclosed in greenhouse plastic within the next week.

Still more window boxes to move, but despite last night's cold front, there are toooooooooo many weed seeds germinating, so it is taking some time.

Happy New Year!
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Oh, forgot to say...

The table top is 4'X8', but since I had to transport the lumber in my car, I purchased four 2' X 4' pieces.

There is a large storage area underneath which I need to clean out and add some shelves.

I do my pot preparation at the far end of this table. If I can manage to leave the far end of the table free from plants during propagation and potting time. Anyway, the table top is perfect for storing my plants until they are hardened off enough to move under the tree.

More to do's for 2009! Lots more...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

That is a nice working table/area!

I think I need to repot my seedlings soon. My box is about half the length of your longest one, but there 24 seedlings in it (though they are only 8+ months).
    Dave

Dave,

I don't know for sure, but I would wait until spring, after your last chance of frost. These were all crowded in window boxes, and after the winter, I transplanted them to more window boxes.

Many of my seedlings were transplanted to 3-5 gallon nursery pots. They are doing the same thing outside, growing new leaves like crazy and some multiplying. Most of those will go in the porch before a really hard freeze (below 26).

I am simply amazed that these seedlings are doing so well after really cold temps (sorry, cold for me).
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

• + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2
    1 2 LastLast