+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Out of Business

Out of Business

Dear Friends--

I am moving to a townhouse in a retirement community in Flagstaff, AZ in mid-Feb. I currently live in a suburb of Philadelphia, 1 mile off the Turnpike.

I am getting rid of all my garden and farm supplies. There are many many pots, a lot of which are unused. There are pottery herb pots (strawberry pots) about 10-12" high. Many many garden tools. One hoophouse, (7' x 10") unused. I also have the steel framework of a 20' x 40' hoophouse, used.

I don't want to try to ship any of this stuff, so if anyone nearby wants any of this, I listen to any reasonable offer. Feel free to contact me if you would like to look it over.

I miss this forum activity.
    Sandi
    SE PA, zone 6b

Aww Sandi, sorry to hear you can't take it with you and I sure wish I
    lived within a reasonable distance to you!
    Congrats on your move to a place with no snow! We have gotten
    over 16" since last night, and the storm won't be over till 1:00
    this morning.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Sandi,

OH!!!!!!! What shocking news?!?!?!

But I feel sure that you are doing what's best for your or you wouldn't be doing it.

Surely, you will have access to the internet and can join us from time to time. We definitely NEED to know how you are doing.

Promise, please, that you will stay in touch!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Flagstaff

The lovely town of Flagstaff is on the Colorado Plateau at 7000 feet! Very nearby is Mt. Humphery (12000+ feet) of the San Francisco Peaks. There is plenty of crisp, dry snow each winter plus The Arizona Snowbowl is in the Peaks. My other daughter (formerly in Italy) now lives there.

I am taking plenty of large planters. I will be in a townhouse so there is a front walk, and out the back off the patio is a huge field and forest. In the summer it is covered with sunflowers, and in the evening the elk come down. The land is all owned by the Museum of Northern Arizona so there will be no building.

I am looking forward to being there, but I have to get rid of all this stuff! That's a bigger job than the rest. This will be my 68th move in a lifetime.

Sandi
    Sandi
    SE PA, zone 6b

Oh, Sandi!

It sounds like a wonderful dreamland.

I wish I lived closer because I assure you that I would purchase some of your treasures.

I see people lurking from PA all the time, so perhaps someone will contact you.

Hugs and I can't wait to see pictures of the crisp white snow, the peaks and the forest.

And you have a patio!!!! That's my favorite place to be, year around. I guess that is why I have so many houseplants, epi's, hippeastrum, you name it! This year, I am enjoying my porch more than ever because I haven't enclosed it in plastic yet. Almost everything has done fine so far, but I know that before December ends, I have to attach plastic for the colder months of January and February.

And your daughter will be near, so that is fantastic!

Hugs to you and keep us posted!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread