+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homefront

Homefront

Hey, ALL!

It's sort of hectic around here right now.

Hunter is still home and very sick.

My mother is in the hospital. She was scheduled for bypass surgery today. I waited on pins and needles for a phone call, but never got one. So, as soon as classes were over, I called and her surgery has been postponed. She has pneumonia and is still in the hospital (obviously).

Please know that I am here. Email me if you need anything. I check my emails as soon as I get home from school.

Hugs!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Oh Ann, what a trying time it sounds like you are having. I sure am hoping
    that they both get better soon! I'll be saying prayers for them. My Mom has problems with recurring pneumonia.
    We have some of that going on here, Jordan (15) has pink eye, sinus infection and tonsillitis. Sick, sick, but is finally starting to feel better. Went back to the Dr. on Mon., was there 8 days ago and he declined to put him on any meds.
    Sometimes I wonder . . . . . . .
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Ann, we are thinking about you and keeping you and your family in our prayers. May the sun shine on your world brighter soon! Please keep us updated on their conditions when you can.

Thank you, so much!

Mama's surgery was this morning. I talked to her on my cell phone (from my classroom) just as they were getting her ready for the surgery.

My brother called while I was in the lunch line and couldn't put the tray down fast enough to get the phone out of my pocket and answer it, so I guess that the surgery took 3 hours.

My brother tells me that the doctors say that everything went quite well and as expected, so what a relief!

Now, hopefully, she will start feeling better.

Hunter got out of bed for about an hour yesterday. Today, he seems in better spirits but is still in bed.

Yesterday, I found some 'green apple' flavored soda, and I knew he would like that so I picked up a 12 pack for $2.50 (off brand). The first thing he said to me when I came home was, "Mama, the internet is working." (It was down yesterday and this morning.) Then, he said, "Mama, I really do like that green apple stuff!" I guess that I'd better get MORE, huh?

Hugs to ALL!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, glad to hear the folks in your life are feeling better. You take care of yourself too!

Thanks!

Mama is still in ICU, but is expected to get back to a regular room sometime today.

Hunter is actually outside for a little while. He seems to be feeling much better today, but has a lot of catching up to do for school work.

Hugs!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I am glad that your mother is doing great and Hunter feels better. I bet the camera I sent had a little bit to do with it.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Yes!

He is one tickled kid! His response was, "But Mama, it is not Christmas, yet!"

I am thrilled to see him out of bed for a bit today. You must realize that this is one of the most active children in my world and to see him in bed ALL of the time has been HARD!

I love him with all my heart and when he says, "Mama, I don't feel good.", I know he is mighty sick.

He was up and outside for over an hour today, but he is now back in bed.

Goodness knows, I am ready for him to be over this! I know that he is ready to be over IT!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann- Oh my ! I am so glad Hunter is doing well and I am sending prayers for your Mom's speedy recovery.
    Hugs, Cathy
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread