+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Keylimes!!!

Keylimes!!!

Well the first of the first are ripening up and I've had keylime juice in my hot tea for the past few mornings. It is so good!
    Here's a pic of some of the fruit:

And of the whole tree:

Hopefully by next weekend they will have a nice new greenhouse to live in. Right now it is STILL 65 degrees outside so I'm leaving everything I can out for as long as I can, probably another two weeks, looking at our long range forecast. I have three bearing keylime trees this year for my biggest ever crop.

They look very good!

Where are you located, Keylime?
    Dave

I'm on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, Dave. It is a fairly temperate climate especially in the fall, since we are surrounded by water that does not cool down very fast. I usually can leave my plants outside at least until Nov. 1st every year, and some years I remember leaving them out til Thanksgiving! They really only have to stay inside for four to five months a year, thank goodness. They do love to be outside.

Kim,

Your climate is very similar to where I grew up, between two rivers and by the bay. We are slightly warmer than you, even though I do not live by the water anymore (hurricanes are awful).

I had plans for another greenhouse this year, but it is doubtful. Not because of money, but simply due to lack of time.

Your keylimes look yummy! They are so delicious, and I must admit that I am addicted to keylime pie!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread