+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Computer Crashed. . .

Blog Entries
    Wow! Linda,

You have been a busy people! I was gonna ask if you wanted any more plants, but sounds like you have plenty to work with. I wouldn't divide those daylilies down too far, they seem to sell better as a small clump than as only a fan or two. Folks want that "finished look" right now! I will also be digging and dividing come spring - to fill mail orders from fall and winter!

Are you growing fruit trees from seed? Trying to think what "fruit plants" you'd be growing and sell. Also, why couldn't you grow some of the "surplus" on to larger size?

I know how you feel about having to too unsold plants. For the last 2-3 years I've been having a summer give away of house plants and I still have way too many! LOL! I did leave two plants out this fall, I harvested seeds from the Coleus and took cuttings from the Begonia. (As my luck has it the Begonia cuttings took a big step backwards and I have had to re-start them and lost 2 of the 4 cuttings).

I've gotten rid of nearly all of my unknown Amaryllis and now only have a few "Noids" and all the seedlings and still too many of them as they won't all fit on just one 2x4' shelf! So now instead of the 50-60 I had, I'm down to 30+!

It does sound like you at least have you "nursery" somewhat organized; wish I could say the same. I don't even know what all I have out in my "corral" right now, other than daylilies and hostas!

Rebecca

Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Yes Rebecca, I'm definitely swamped with plants and even seeds that I haven't gotten around to planting yet! You know all those varieties of thousands of seeds I got from you 2 1/2 years ago? Yep, them's the ones! There's no way I even made a dent in those! Plus I have rooted some of my own cuttings that are in a rooting box on my patio and more rooted lilac cuttings growing in half wine barrels that I have to dig out and pot up for sale. I know, I should have dug out the lilac bushes in the fall. I've also got to dig up these Euphorbia characias plants that are starting to crowd out their mother. I sold a few of them last year and have 2 more spoken for. The plants are right by my front door, so they get noticed by anyone who comes over. I've found that the mother plant does a much better job on getting her babies to grow than I can from seed. I guess the seeds like to be close to her in the garden, instead of a seed put into a pot.

Thanks for the advice on not dividing out the daylilies too much. As I repot them, I am going to have to group them by name, alphabetically, because I remember you telling me that I should keep 2 of each one to grow on from, because you probably won't have that same cross later. See, my memory isn't totally gone! LOL

Oh no, I'm not growing fruit "trees". The veggie and "fruit" seedlings I was talking about, the fruit being Cantaloupe, Honey Dew and Watermelons.

LOL If you need to figure out what is in your plant "corral", just do a search on this forum for "Rebecca's basement" (I think) and take a look at your pictures! I remember also seeing cactus and succulents.

Hugs,
    Linda
    Linda-So. Oregon, Zones 6/7

Rebecca,
    I will be ordering the hard drive enclouser at the end of this month when my next full paycheck is paid. I have had only partial paychecks due to the two week Christmas holiday and two days out of the next paycheck because of MLK day and the inaugartion. I just ordered a cable that will allow me to transfer the contents on that drive to my new drive with out a problem. Then I can reformat the drive so it will be ready for you to install Windows to or what ever you want to put on it.I have to wait till the enclosure gets here before doing that though. I want to have the drive enclosed in it so that I don't damage the hard drive be leaving it out for dust to get on the surface of the disc.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn View Post
    Rebecca,
    I will be ordering the hard drive enclouser at the end of this month when my next full paycheck is paid. I have had only partial paychecks due to the two week Christmas holiday and two days out of the next paycheck because of MLK day and the inaugartion. I just ordered a cable that will allow me to transfer the contents on that drive to my new drive with out a problem. Then I can reformat the drive so it will be ready for you to install Windows to or what ever you want to put on it.I have to wait till the enclosure gets here before doing that though. I want to have the drive enclosed in it so that I don't damage the hard drive be leaving it out for dust to get on the surface of the disc.

Dawn,

That will be great! No need to hurry. still waiting on a USB Hub so I can use all my various "devices"!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,
    Have you gotten a USB hub yet? If you haven't I have one I do not need and I will include it in the package when I ship the drive out. My first full paycheck will be this Fri so I will be ordering the enclosure then.

Blog Entries
    Dawn,

Yes, I got a USB hub from a daylily dabber buddy in Rhode Island, so that part is taken care of. It never hurts to have a spare, so hang onto to that one - you might need it!

Don't short yourself on your first full paycheck on my account. I can have the patience of Jobe when needed.

February thaw this week and I've already found a few of the potted plants that didn't make it. Hopefully there is still some live "crown" and they will regenerate from under the crown, time will tell. It is the risk I take and whenever a risk is taken one must be able to accept the failures.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca
    I will not be shorting my self. I keep part of my paycheck for my self to spend on anything I want to spend it on. Groceries have a set amount to spend on and anything left out of that is mad money.

Blog Entries
    Rebecca
    I will not be shorting my self. I keep part of my paycheck for my self to spend on anything I want to spend it on. Groceries have a set amount to spend on and anything left out of that is mad money.
    Dawn,

GOOD!

I've had to endure/survive getting by on no real income for so long I forget what it is like to even have a steady income let along more than I needed to pay the bills. I tell ya, I don't know how others do it that aren't getting housing assistance and food stamps.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Well I ordered the hard drive enclosure and it should be getting here tomorrow. I will also buy another hard drive in the next few days so I will be shipping it sometime in March. I will not be on the computer much tomorrow, I have jury duty tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Well I ordered the hard drive enclosure and it should be getting here tomorrow. I will also buy another hard drive in the next few days so I will be shipping it sometime in March. I will not be on the computer much tomorrow, I have jury duty tomorrow.

Though you already had the hard drive? I r corn-fused, but then it don't take much!

Have a good experience with jury duty (saying "have fun" didn't seem right!)

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,
    The hard drive enclosure arrived today after I got home from jury duty. Trial is over so I do not have to go back. When I get paid next week I will get the new drive I am going to install in my tower. Then I can clean off the information on the 80GB drive and reformat it. Are you using Windows XP ? If you are you should have no trouble with it then.

Blog Entries
    Dawn,

Yep, running XP, usually toward it but sometimes away from it when it acts up! LOL!

Forgot you were using the 80 g in your re-built machine, duh!

Ah, short trials, the best kind.

Rebecca

Rebecca,
    The hard drive enclosure arrived today after I got home from jury duty. Trial is over so I do not have to go back. When I get paid next week I will get the new drive I am going to install in my tower. Then I can clean off the information on the 80GB drive and reformat it. Are you using Windows XP ? If you are you should have no trouble with it then.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca ,
    I will have my hubby drill some holes in the enclosure for ventilation. It is a metal case so it might get hot when running. With the holes the heat can escape then. Right now I am not feeling good . I came home yesterday and by the time I went to bed I could not hardly talk, my voice was almost gone. I am coughing and a runny nose to with it . I hope I feel better soon.

Blog Entries
    Dawn,

Hope you are feeling better soon too, I've managed to catch a cold and know how miserable it can make me feel and sounds like you've got something else going on. Be well!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,
    My hard drive enclosure I had my 160 GB drive in failed. The drive survived with no problems and is healthy. I would like to send it to you. It is a IDE drive so it can you in your tower using the old ribbon cable. I will put it in the box I saved from the last hard drive I bought. I get paid on the 28th and will send it then. I hope that you will enjoy using it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast