+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New album - "my weird art"

Rebecca, it is an HP Pavillion p6243w-b model. I only paid 398.00 plus tax at Walmart. My laptop is for back up now.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn View Post
    Rebecca, it is an HP Pavillion p6243w-b model. I only paid 398.00 plus tax at Walmart. My laptop is for back up now.

Just remember you get what you pay for although in the case of the HP brand, they aren't as good as they were before they merged with Compaq. You get what you can and I am so glad I was able to get the Dell. My first new one was an H, before the merge, little work horse that one!

What OS came with it, Vista or the new Windows 7?

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,
    It is Windows 7 on the new one, and Vista Home Premium on the laptop. The new one came with a 20 inch wide screen monitor. So my LCD I bought when my original monitor started going bad went to be used by the computer in son Todd's room to replace a old monitor. He says it is huge compared to the old monitor.

Blog Entries
    My Granddaughter wants a lap top, but I am thinking about giving her my spare parts PC that Sue's nephews built for me and the flat screen monitor I got to go with it. I shouldn't have gotten the new monitor but had this idea I would use the old machine to do art work on and other record keeping and then just store stuff on a flash drive. That way I can transfer it to the on line PC when I needed to. I'd also thought I might eventually network the two and have thought better of that as well.

If I do give the old system to the Granddaughter then there will be the issue of their being able to connect to the internet or if she'll just use it for games and maybe viewing DVD's - if that one can do that, I'm not sure! I need to get into it and see what's on it and what I can totally delete off of it - mostly my personal stuff. Iy has Office XP on it and should be good for several years of easy usage and the monitor should last forever! I'll even give h er the printer that I've had and used forever - still works and ink is still available for it. Guess I ought to get her over here and see if she even likes it!

When I got this Dell I got a 24" monitor to go with it and it is huge! Great for watching DVD's as well my my Netflix "Instant" movies. I was doing that until I could afford to get a new TV.

I love my flat screen monitors, but now the rage is touch screens! Technology moves too fast sometimes!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Forgot something!

Enjoy - go full screen ("F11")

Me!
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,
    If you are comfortable buying online, try TigerDirect.com. They are having a great Cyberdays Sale and have several laptops for sale. Right now they have an eMachines Desktop for $199.99. IT is an AMD Athlon 2650e CP1.6GHz 2GB DDR2 160 GB Hard Drive, with Vista Home Premium on it.
    Also there is a Acer Intel Celeron 3GB DDR2 Laptop with a 15.4 inch screen for $399.99
    Another on is an Acer Aspire 10.1inch 6 cell Netbook , a refurbished one for $269.97

Blog Entries
    If I do get the granddaughter a lap top it won't be until after the first of the year when I expect the rest of my back pay, unless I do decide to give her my old desk top.

I do buy off of Amazon.com a lot, hardware and electronics both so I will keep Tiger Direct in mind.

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Oh I like that last 'effect'--the boxy flowers(maybe that's 'cubism'--kinda Salvadore Dali-ish, maybe oragami-ish)-neat !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazed_Lily View Post
    Oh I like that last 'effect'--the boxy flowers(maybe that's 'cubism'--kinda Salvadore Dali-ish, maybe oragami-ish)-neat !

That is the "effect" I was aiming for, color is off, but works! It is done with only one "filter" but there is no specific setting for the effect, I just seem to fumble my way into it and if I leave that setting, I lose it! It is not an easy setting to get back to either.

I've at least one more subject I want to use this on. . . . we'll see how it turns out.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Cool!!!!

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Here is what turned out to be my "Ode to Dail"

Took two programs to make it, but could have done it with one if Iknew all the ins and outs of using it! LOL!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    One more "cubism" piece:

Here's a link:

digital,art

- R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

Test

Feedback, please!

"R"

Not quite what I was wanting, but will try again when I get more "paintings" done.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

I somehow missed this thread

But that is a lovely display you have there Rebecca - My favourite would of course have to be the floral one
    Abby

I did see the images and enjoy them. Thanks, Rebecca. I just didn't have the energy to type as I was/am still recovering from my surgery. Getting better and better day by day though.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast