+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New album - "my weird art"

Actually I didn't put the fremeted orange out for the birds or the butterfly. The orange had fallen from the tree in a yard I walked past on my way to school. It was in late summer just before fall when I saw it.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn View Post
    Actually I didn't put the fremeted orange out for the birds or the butterfly. The orange had fallen from the tree in a yard I walked past on my way to school. It was in late summer just before fall when I saw it.
    I believe ya, Dawn! Don't see many drunken butterflies here, but I have seen a few birds get a wee bit tipsy off of fermenting apples and pears!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

OH BOY ! Going over to check out Ruby now. I can't wait.

Your package left August before 9 this morning. I'll email the tracking # in the morning (left it in the car and too lazy to go outside again tonight . Snuck in a 'Clown' last minute. Couldn't help it...there was a spot just it's size and I felt you needed it. Just a gift from me to you...one clown to another. It's the only one slipped in unwrapped and unmarked . Now, I have to go check out 'Weird Ruby'...HAPPY POTTING
    Patsy

OMGoodness, Rebecca...that IS stupendous! I am so impressed w/what you did with sweet little Ruby. The next to the last image reminds me of screaming roosters ... or maybe they're just dancing. Anyway, I like it. Thank you for enjoying my suggestion, and also for sharing Ruby w/the world.
    Patsy

Cool!

Rebecca, that is so much FUN!

Now, tell me how to eliminate the background. Mine is always so UGLY with rain spotted gh plastic.

?????
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann B. View Post
    Cool!

Rebecca, that is so much FUN!

Now, tell me how to eliminate the background. Mine is always so UGLY with rain spotted gh plastic.

?????

Ann,

Depends on which editing program I'm using and how cluttered the background is. I prefer using Photo Filtre, but only because it is easier for me. It can be as simple as asking the program to take an image to transparent or as difficult as having to block out the background first. The program I use and I think any of them will select for the darkest color first and that doesn't always make for an easy fix. I did a quick one using a shot of Sweet Lillian I got to first and it was not an easy one for me to do - too much detail and my hand isn't all that steady. But not bad for a quick job.

Patsy,

Glad you like it! I did have to black out the background on RM first because of the various colors in the background and I just am not "technical" enough to be able to do it any other way. Self taught and all.

I'll start watching for the package on Thursday! Excited!!!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Lots of new stuff since my last up-date! All weird, some wonderful and some to just make ya wonder what the heck is with this woman!

MY WEIRD ART

- R. Buckminster Fuller

I like all of them. I wouldn't want to wake up in the middle of the night with any of them on my bedroom wall,if I hadn't gotten used to them,first. I am a creative person too.I find that usually, creative people want to create in most things they do,and that it is not limited to one subject.
    Del

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by npublici View Post
    I like all of them. I wouldn't want to wake up in the middle of the night with any of them on my bedroom wall,if I hadn't gotten used to them,first. I am a creative person too.I find that usually, creative people want to create in most things they do,and that it is not limited to one subject.
    Del
    Del,

A lot of my "weird art" is driven by Insomnia! And it can truly be weird. I haven't really created anything nightmarish though, not yet anyway! The finished "product" seldom has any resemblance to the original image used as the basis for the "art Work", that's how convoluted and tortured it becomes. Stretch and pulled, shrunk and twisted. Some colors brought out while others are reduced to a gray tone, or totally removed. Textures added, adjusted, modified and then masked over by something totally different.

It's interesting to be aware of how an image evolves and mutates into the finished work. Sometimes it can happen in a few steps, other times I can work it for an hour or longer, sometimes having to stop and start all over again. The "easy" part for me is that I do it all with key strokes instead of brush strokes. But it is no less art than that which is created in a more "traditional" way, yet I have been snubbed. Oh well, their loss.

It did take me years to accept that what I do is an art form and no less creative than any other medium. It took a scolding from an artist friend for me to believe it! Several scoldings!

Here's a sneak peak at a work in progress. It may go though even more evolutions before I finally "mat and frame" it, just never knw! Right now it is very snake like and somewhat creepy!

Enjoy!

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

New stuff! New stuff! New stuff!

I just now finished up loading 21 new "works" to My Weird Art Blog!
    The first piece you will see is one I call simply, "The Pond", be sure to click on it to view full size.

Next I will try to get some "different" kind of weird art posted before leaving this behind for more serious things this bloom season.

I already have a new Blog set up and waiting for me to post entries and publish that will be for my Daylilies, cultivars and seedlings as well. I hope to document what few maiden blooms I have as well as the second season blooms from the seedlings that survived the winter. I will also be documenting the seedlings that get move to PA to be grown out for continued evaluation as well as increase for eventual registration and introduction. "Stella's Daughter" has already made the journey and with the number of fans I sent there ought to be plenty of blooming sized plants to introduce it in 2011 and a second small flowered one.

Many other seedlings will be going to Patsy and I doubt I will see bloom on them this season , will depend on what gets dug, when and BEFORE the weather turns too hot to ship.

Better stop before I bore y'all to death!

Now go take a look at "The Pond"!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca, I love the one you call The Pond. I wish I could make some like with pictures of daylilies.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Really nice, Rebecca. I think I need to send you a few koi for that pond. I think my favorite is 6th from the last...of course it's green and red . They all have spectacular colors combinations.
    Patsy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn View Post
    Rebecca, I love the one you call The Pond. I wish I could make some like with pictures of daylilies.
    Do you mean collages? Google's Picasa can do them plus there are other programs out there capable of making them or something similar. MGI PhotoSuite III SE allows something similar.

To do all the manipulation I did to come up with the various components you would need PhotoFiltre. It has a very user friendly image transparency filter, and that is essential when using several, well, actually more than one focal point. You can do it with Adobe PhotoShop Elements, but I find the "tool" on PhotoFiltre much easier to use. I switch between the two programs to be ale to get all the different effects I use.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Great-Full View Post
    Really nice, Rebecca. I think I need to send you a few koi for that pond. I think my favorite is 6th from the last...of course it's green and red . They all have spectacular colors combinations.

I'll have to check that one out, Patsy! Don't suppose it was a titled work? While I would love to have a Koi, I doubt this small stock tank would be appropriate for a Koi; it's only 150 gallons! The two goldfish do the job of keeping the "skeeter" population in check, which is the only reason I have the fish to begin with. I would actually have rather had "Fathead Minnows", but that would require going to a bait store and there isn't one close by!

Other inhabitants I would prefer for this small pond would be Common Guppies and or a pair of American Fantail Goldfish, preferably Calico! For them I would have to have a tank set up in the house for them to winter over in I even have all the equipment, just can't move it into place by myself.

BTW, ANYONE can post a comment on the blog and suggest a name/title for any of my Untitled works, and I wish y'all would!

Rebecca

PS

Here is the original used to make that one you liked, Patsy. It is an type of fractal made by one of the members of a fractal list I am on, Susan Shemin. She is very talented!
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Been At It Again. . . . . Up-dating the Blog!

I have been a busy little bee today! Finally up-date my weird art Blog and it's actually current! Finished May and then lumped June and July all in once sitting.

Here's your link: http://beccasweirdart.blogspot.com/

Get a cup of coffee/tea, sit back and enjoy the show. And remember, you can click on any image to see it full size.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast