+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New album - "my weird art"

Blog Entries

Talking New album - "my weird art"

See it here! Your comments are invited and you might also have a title suggestion for those that do not have one!

http://www.landspro.com/forums/album.php?albumid=7

The basic theme running through all of them seems to be "water", . If I can figure out how to do it we might have a "Pick Your Favorite" and see who gets the most votes.

Enjoy the show! (20 + images!)

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca, they are all so good that it is hard to pick, but if I have to pick one, I will choose Patchwork.
    Dave

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganDave View Post
    Rebecca, they are all so good that it is hard to pick, but if I have to pick one, I will choose Patchwork.

That one is also one of my favorites; I like the way the whole piece turned out and the effect of the "painting" floating above the mat. I often try to achieve that, but it doesn't always happen!

One of my favorites is "In The Wind", although I have to say that that was an alternate title for it. I really like the "stained glass" effect that just appeared while I was working the image and that's when I stopped!

"Walking Man" was one that appeared while in the process, but I did have to add his head and then do a few more manipulations to get it to blend in.

Nearly all of these were done using 2 different programs, Photo Filtre and PS Elements 2 and I am itching to get a new computer and then up-grand at least one of the programs, but will probably have to up-grade both as I don't think either would work with the current Operating Programs.

The biggest issue I have is knowing when to stop, but I trash very few as I can usually un-do enough steps to get back to the "right" one.

Glad you enjoyed them
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

I liked Ripples Pool the best I think. I have a name suggestion for #18, Water COlor Ripples. They are all beautiful but those are my favorites.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sue salley View Post
    I liked Ripples Pool the best I think. I have a name suggestion for #18, Water Color Ripples. They are all beautiful but those are my favorites.
    Since I am a wee bit biased let's see what the others think about this, personally I DO like it and it does seem to fit. I do use those words a lot, but then I have done several with the same name, but followed by a number (Ripples I, II, III on Web Shots), so staying within a "theme", so to speak, works for me!

Bed time for both of us! Sue!! (of course, I did have a little nap earlier.)

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

Exclamation

Up-loaded 5 new "works" today. Eventually I will put them into another on line album where they (all) can be seen at full size.

Enjoy!

http://www.landspro.com/forums/album.php?albumid=7

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Nicely done.

Not quite my stuff- that is, I wouldn't put anything like those on my walls, but that's OK.
    I did a suggestion on your unnamed-ones: Feel free to comment on them.
    My vote:
    For now I like 'indian blanket' ( I see a jumpin' dolfin in it ) and 'in the wind' as your best.

Jaap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JaapM View Post
    Nicely done.

Not quite my stuff- that is, I wouldn't put anything like those on my walls, but that's OK.
    I did a suggestion on your unnamed-ones: Feel free to comment on them.
    My vote:
    For now I like 'indian blanket' ( I see a jumpin' dolfin in it ) and 'in the wind' as your best.

Jaap.
    I also saw the dolphin but the color just wasn't right, so I called it the next thing that came to mind! I have up loaded full size images to Picasa, but not long after doing that my computer crashed and died. It is beyond fixing, sad to say. I am at the library now.

Here's a link to my Picasa Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/Rebecca47/MYWEIRDARTII##

Check the newest ones out in larger format!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

Blog

I've made a few CURRENT posts to the "My Weird Art" BLOG if anyone cares to check them out. Even did a sequence-ish post.

MY WEIRD ART

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Oh my, rebecca, I L-O-V-E what you did w/Apricot. At first glance the one with the orbs reminded me of fly "eyes", then morphed to live and tried to chase me. I quickly moved on to all those luscious others. You are so talented. Hmmm ...I wonder what my photo of 'Ruby Meyer' would do in your hands ....
    Patsy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Great-Full View Post
    Oh my, rebecca, I L-O-V-E what you did w/Apricot. At first glance the one with the orbs reminded me of fly "eyes", then morphed to live and tried to chase me. I quickly moved on to all those luscious others. You are so talented. Hmmm ...I wonder what my photo of 'Ruby Meyer' would do in your hands ....
    Only one way to find out! Glad you liked the 'Apricot Sparkles' "treatment"!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

For picture #22 I like the is name: Buterrfly Tailspin I also like all the others too. Rebecca you are very talented with the photo manipulations.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn View Post
    For picture #22 I like the is name: Butterfly Tailspin I also like all the others too. Rebecca you are very talented with the photo manipulations.
    I think this is the one you had in mind, Dawn:

If so, I like that name, "Butterfly Tailspin". I also have a BLOG named MY WEIRD ART and have been adding new "works" to it. Patsy, I've done a few things with your image of 'Ruby Meyers', but because it is such a dark red it's not easy to "pastelize" it. Be sure to refresh the blog page if you don't see red!

Rebecca

- R. Buckminster Fuller

Yes Rebecca, That is the Photo I called Butterfly Tailspin. It reminded me of a butterfly I saw once after it had sipped a fermented orange.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaylilyDawn View Post
    Yes Rebecca, That is the Photo I called Butterfly Tailspin. It reminded me of a butterfly I saw once after it had sipped a fermented orange.

gotta watch out for those fermented oranges! And you probably put them out for the birds, didn't you!

Rebecca

- R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5 LastLast