+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone bought from IGS?

Has anyone bought from IGS?

Has anyone ever bought from the International Greenhouse Supply (Greenhouse Megastore, also known as) that is located in Danville, IL?
    They have incredible prices on nursery pots, hanging baskets, and other great supplies, compared to having to buy it from Home Depot or Lowe's or the local greenhouse retail stores. I am considering a large order via the internet to stock up my new greenhouse, which will be finished this month!
    I'm so excited! Any feedback on experience with this supplier would be appreciated.

Kim,

I have never purchased from IGS and know very little about them.

Have you checked to see if there are any wholesales nursery suppliers near you? Look in your yellow pages, and you should find some.

They willl sometimes sell to you even if you do not have a nursery business. All you have to do is ask, and they will usually answer that question over the phone.

All of the nursery wholesale supply companies that are local will sell to me as long as I purchase in the quantities that they have to offer. I don't get a tax break, though.

Just a thought..
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I've never used IGS either, but I have bought some supplies from Morton's.

http://mortonproducts.com/page.cfm/1305

Take a look at some of their supplies, compare, and then do as Ann says, look for locals. Generally speaking, if you are looking to buy in limited quantity, the large suppliers will not sell that way, and the ones that do have to charge a little more.
    Tom W
    Aching Back Farm

Thanks for the replies. We have no "local" greenhouse supply sources around here. The closest is in the big city to the north, which is TWO HOURS away! So I must mostly rely on mail order if Home Depot or Wal Mart doesn't have what I want. I did order two new circulation thru the wall type fans for my new greenhouse, as well as a bunch of nursery stock type pots from the ICG place. I got them all in good time, good shape and I am VERY pleased with the prices. From what I've seen, I would order from them again for supplies.

+ Reply to Thread