Closed Thread

Thread: New Members

Threaded View

New Members

It seems that I am having the problem again with members joining with no real gardening and propagation intents.

Please know that it is often difficult for me to determine if the new registration is a truly interested member of a FAKE!

If you register and I do not activate your membership, then please do send me an email at ann at landpsro.com.

Shame on those spammers that make it so difficult!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

I checked with Vbulletin support, and Yes, Landspro is not the only forum that has discovered that these spammers have broken the code.

It seems that I need to ask some questions to qualify potential members.

Sorry, but I can't do that now. It requires so much to do, and I am working long hours for the next 4 weeks.

So, if I do not approve your membership, please write. Most of these new spammers are coming from gmail which means that Google needs to get its act together.

Just letting you know...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Hey, Everyone!

I am truly frustrated with this arrival of new bogus members.

There is nothing I can do about it until I have time to figure out what has to be done.

I only wish these awful people would simply go away, but obnoxious, controlling people have difficulty with that. They do not have any comprehension of what harm they are doing, nor do they care... So, they keep doing what annoys everyone.

Please be patient, until I have time to figure out how to get rid of them!

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Hi, Everyone!

There is an upgrade of the vbulletin software which will help eliminate some of the new member problems.

In order to do the upgrade, I will have to take Landspro down for a few hours. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly when I will have time to do this, so I most likely will only give an hour's notice.

Currently, depending on Hunter's health and the progress with his makeup work, I will attempt to do the upgrade either tomorrow or on Tuesday which is a holiday for our school system.

Anyway, please do not be alarmed if you see a message that says the board is down. It is simply ME trying to get rid of these spammers.

I think I should make this a sticky thread so that all 'real' new members will know to email me if I do not activate their membership. It's getting harder and harder to tell who is real and who is not.

Hugs to ALL!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

The upgrade will not be today. I am having too many problems with my internet connection, and I'm afraid I'll lose the connection right in the middle of the upgrade which would be a disaster.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Hi, All!

I am so frustrated with these SPAM BOTS or whatever you call them.

So, I purchased some software to make it easier for me to upload pictures, files, etc., etc. I will install it shortly. This is on my computer and not the server, so hopefully I won't mess anything up.

I'll let you know ahead of time before I start the upgrade ~~ not today, I just plan on doing backups, installing and learning this new software.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ah ha! I see now, we get thumbnails in the "draft" but full sized images in the actual post. Hum, , now I see! Now if I could just get the attachment part to work. . . one thing at a time!

It's all gonna be just fine, Ann, no worries!

"R"

Guess I need to choose some new hippie shots to upload to Picasa!
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Closed Thread