+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yikes! Ike!

Yikes! Ike!

Fortunately, this one appears to be going away from me.

BUT, we have to be concerned for John in Corpus Christi and a LOT for my family from this area of Texas.

It's not going to be nice...

I have to say, though, that I am grateful for not having to worry about it hitting here!

If you get a chance, John, Bob and others, do let us know how it goes for you.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann B. View Post
    Fortunately, this one appears to be going away from me.

BUT, we have to be concerned for John in Corpus Christi and a LOT for my family from this area of Texas.

It's not going to be nice...

I have to say, though, that I am grateful for not having to worry about it hitting here!

If you get a chance, John, Bob and others, do let us know how it goes for you.
    This one has me worried and I do not trust it to go where they think it will.

Ann, you and Texas will be in my thoughts and heart till it has blown itself out.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

It looks like John (stp445) in Corpus Christi may get hit hard.

The city where my brother was (Port Lavaca) is also prime target.

Oh, Gee! I can list friends and families all up and down the coast of Texas that are in the center of the projected path.

Rebecca, When I got home from school and checked, I noted that your Tinker friends are now in the projected path again as well as western Lousiana.

We are currently NOT under any tropical/hurricane warnings or watches, but our beaches are being closed due to high waves and rip currents. If this storm stays west of us, we are to expect periods of heavy rain and gusts of wind between 20-30 mph.

I hate to say this, and it may sound awfully selfish, but I'd take those conditions any day over the hurricane conditions that those that are west of us will face in the next few days.

Still watching...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Wow, you all stay safe!

Will remember you all in my heart and prayers.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread