+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kim, Hanna?

Kim, Hanna?

This one looks like it is coming your way.

Please do keep us posted!

We are told to worry about Ike. It doesn't look good right now, but it is too soon to tell...

Gosh! I hate hurricane season, but you know what? You get used to it after awhile, and you do what you have to do.

Please do let us know!

Hugs!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

We survived! We had a max of about 56 mph wind gusts. I moved a bunch of the delicates back into the garage/greenhouse, but chose to leave most outside, but tied to trees just in cases. The keylimes are fine! Only one flopped over and no limes came off. We had most of them tied to lines secured with cinder blocks! You are right, you do what you have to do. It is old hat by now with us!
    I've lived on the Outer Banks all my life, and been thru MANY hurricanes. Even got dragged out of my house when I was 15 mos. old wrapped in a bed blanket in the tidal storm surge of Hurricane Donna! So I was baptized early!
    Hann went west of us relatively speaking, about 100 miles. We did get some wind shift which causes soundside flooding, as I live on an island inside the barrier islands of the Outer Banks. I posted some pics on my own board at this thread if you want to visit:

http://www.outerbanksboard.net/index.php?showforum=27

Here's a coupla pics for your preview:

Yes, Ann, it tenantively looks like Ike may be a Gulf storm (Hope not too bad!) and we will be hoping for the best for you again!

Kim,
    I am glad you didn't get hit to badly. Dispite the water I wil have to say you live in a beautiful place. I always wanted to visit The Outer Banks. THanks for sharing the pictures.
    tennessee sue

Kim,

My apologies for being so slow to respond. I've been 'under the weather' for the last day or so, but feeling better today.

I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been and at least, you got some rain, huh?

Right now, Ike looks more like it's a threat to Houston or extreme west Louisiana. It doesn't look good at all, but you can bet that we are watching this one closely.

It's really too soon to tell for sure what it is going to do. A lot depends on these cold fronts, and YEP! I grew up with these monsters as well. When I was a kid, we lived between two rivers and by the bay, so we evactuated every time.

Thankfully, I don't have to do that now...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

oh wow! Must be awfully inconvenient even though you didn't get hit too bad. I am glad you are ok though.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread