+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ann, we will be thinking about you!

Ann, good to know you are ok.
    Dave

Ann,
    Glad to hear that things are not so bad where you are. I hope you didn't get TOO much rain!
    We might be next in line on the Outer Banks for either Hanna or Yikes, Ike!
    Really glad all is okay where you are at.

Yes, Kim! Surprisingly, I don't think we are going to get as much rain from this one as we got from Fay, but still, the threat was worst.

Indeed! Eyes are on Hanna and IKE, and unfortunately, it may be your turn to report.

I hope NOT!

All is still fine here, just dreary, dark and wet! Minimal wind, and I have to tell you that the breeze would be nice if it weren't so wet. I could be outside working, and hope to do so tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted, okay? We will be thinking about you...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

My internet cable service is DOWN!

I am going to bed for some zzzz's!

Night, everyone!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Even Kansas of all places is going to get some rain from Gustav ! Crazy isn't it ?!
    Of course, I'm thinking about Mom in Florida. I think Hannah is going thru Thursday morning...
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Ann and All -

While I haven't been on much since this latest tantrum from dear Mother Nature, I have been keeping and eye on all of these activities. Ann I am very thankful all y'all in Mobile and most of "Bama" for that matter have been spared Gustav. I am a bit worried about Don and Marie over in Texas and, of course everyone in Louisiana.

All have been and will continue to be on my heart throughout Hurricane Season (which seems a bit late(?)).

Rebecca

Cathy, save some of the rain you'll be getting and send it my way! Been a hot month since we've had any appreciable amount of rain here and we need it, or at least I do! Send the wind elsewhere though - that we got plenty of as is.
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

My cable modem was down until a couple of hours ago.

It was nice not having to go to school this morning. The sun is trying to come out, but struggling. It is still windy, and I am grateful that the yard isn't a mess.

Kim,

It looks like you may have some rough stuff coming your way. Please do keep us posted, if you can.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Thanks, Ann. Yep, it looks like I will get a double whammy of sorts out of Hanna. I have a home in Abaco, Bahamas, which has weathered Floyd, Frances, and Jeanne, and now looks to be right in the bullseye for Hanna. After it tears thru there, Hanna seems to be headed up to the Carolina coast. At this point it looks to me as if it will be south/west of me and usually that means just some nasty rain and a bit of wind.
    The absolute worst thing for me though is 31 keylime trees in my yard! Three of the largest ones (up to ten foot tall) are just as full of limes as they can be, our best year ever! Now I will be forced to move them inside the greenhouse and then back out again. Bound to be rough on the limes and I'm sure I'll lose some. D@@N storms!

Sorry to hear about that, Keylime. Hope the storm will be over soon.
    Dave

Kim!

I feel so lucky that this one did not hit us so bad. I am a little worried about lack of sunshine on my bulbs, but I think they will be okay in the days to come.

Keep us posted! I hope that you do not have to move all those keylime plants, but hey! Been there, did that, and when there was not enough time to be moved, I regretted it.

One thing for sure, plants can be replaced, lives can't. So please be SAFE, and keep us posted!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2