+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Titothia or Mexican Sunflower

Titothia or Mexican Sunflower

Wow, supposed to get 4' and is 8' or higher...I feel like Jack and the Beanstalk but the flowers are great and profuse!! I should have seeds to share this fall
    Attached Images  
    Linda

Linda
    They make such beautiful cut flowers. Absolutely adore the colour.

Gee, if I saved the seeds, I didnt' label them, I cannot believe this!!! I will have to locate another package at the garden center!! Anyone recall what the seeds look like?? I have a lot unlabled, maybe i do have them.
    Linda

Linda, yes I have a packet at home (I am at the office right now). I will take a picture tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Dave

Here is the picture of the seeds. Hope this helps you in finding them and growing them soon!

By the way, it is "tithonia."
    Dave

Thanks! I will sort thru the ziplock baggies of unlabeled seed and see if I don't have these.....I was sure I had saved them, but darned if i can decide where I saved them if I did!!! are they as big as zinnia seeds??? flat or fat?
    Linda

Linda, they look about the same size as zinnia seeds but are a little firmer/fuller.
    Dave

Thanks, nope, I cannot find any seeds that seem to resemble those, and I KNOW that I saved some??? I broke down and bought another package of them and started some yesterday. I know I saved those seeds, but they all seem to be zinnias I must have admired around the neighborhood. anyway, thank you , I have some now, and I have started a zillion different zinnia seeds, and they have all come up, but they aren't titothias! I will need to get busy and get these silly little seedlings planted out somewhere soon. It will be zinnia heaven at my house this year!! Here's hoping the titothia seeds germinate quickly, I am behind on growing them for sure!!
    Linda

+ Reply to Thread