+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Desert rose blooms again

Desert rose blooms again

This time we got a big bunch together:

Very nice Keylime!
    What camera are you using?

This was taken with a small Nikon Coolpix 5600 model on the closeup flower mode. My big Nikon is down for service, and can't wait for it to get back.

Thanks for that Keylime
    What do you mean your big Nikon is in for service? I've seen your pix showing detail of pollen. You mean to say it gets better than this?

I have a set of closeup lenses for my big Nikon D-70 that will pull in a photo of the hair on a grasshoppers eyelash. Yes, it is possible to get that "National Geographic" quality with a high power close up lense.

Absolutely amazing! That camera sure is no slouch.
    I need to get me a new camera - my little Kodak is neat and compact but the pix look so drab. I suppose something like Nikon Coolpix 5600 model would not break the bank and still be fairly portable.

Abby,
    I love that little camera. It is indeed very tiny and portable and does a whole lot for its size and price. This is actually the second one I've had. I washed the first one (by mistake of course ) and it still worked after that! It was an older version with just 3 megapixels. So I upgraded to the 5 megapixel 5600, and absolutely love it. I even have an underwater housing for taking pics of the reef and stuff while in the Bahamas. Get the lithium batteries and they will last quite a long time relatively speaking.
    The quality of photo it takes is truly amazing for a little camera, mostly operated on the point-and-shoot mode. But it can do a whole lot more with its special settings. It even takes short video clips that are not half bad!

I suppose you must have shopped around before purchase where is the best to buy one from ? Is there an onlin you could recommend?

+ Reply to Thread