+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oh, Goodie! Look What I GOT!!!!!

Talking Oh, Goodie! Look What I GOT!!!!!

When you see this, don't look at the floor. It hasn't been stripped or waxed yet because my custodian has been out on personal leave.

Anyway, it rained last night, and I noticed they left this and another one on the sidewalk (in the rain) overnight. I asked if they were getting rid of it. They said that they were and that I could have it.

It is really HEAVY. It took 3 big men to get it into my classroom (for now).

Eventually, this and the second one (which is slightly smaller, has a small stainless sink and on wheels) will find their way to my patio. I have to move things around and make room for them first.

What a THRILL!!!!!!!!!!! I've wanted one of these for ages. Now, I will have TWO! I have to wait on the second one, though. A science teacher wants to borrow it for a year.
    Attached Images  
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

P.S. I will be going to school tomorrow afternoon with cleaning supplies to clean this and the floor. When my brother and I moved the filing cabinets to the other side of the room, we discovered years worth of crud underneath. YUK!!!!!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

It is a goodie for sure!

Have you decided on how to use it? Is it going to be for plants?
    Dave

Very nice, very nice indeed!!

Would that make a nice potting bench or what?
    When you get tired of it post it my way

I was thinking about some form of hydroponics or self watering system, like an aquarium pump to pump the fertilizer/water from a tank under the sink, going through all the pots and then run down the sink back to the tank.
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Oh my ! That is a thrill of a find ! Isn't it funny how things happen--always wanted 1 and got 2 !
    We've been having sales at work for stuff left over after the Manufacturing outsource to Mexico. Tons and tons of wire racks ! And, of course, computers. I took home 2 monitors (free) and a glare screen($5). When I think about it, I sure hope all that computer stuff finds good homes and doesn't end up recycled. We had workbenches and they were way way heavy so I bet your lab table weighs a ton ! Excellent find Ann ! Awesome !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Speaking of monitors, there is a room full of computers, monitors, keyboards, mouses, cords of all kinds and a few printers. We were told to help ourselves before they are 'recycled'.

No one wants these. I did pick up a couple of spare keyboards that were in good shape. I spotted a printer that I wanted for Hunter, but I couldn't find the matching power cord.

If I had time, I would put together a few for use in my room (can't be hooked to internet), but I simply do not have the time.'

Hopefully, they will find a place where they can be put to good use...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Dave,

It will be used as a propagating bench, a place to take cuttings or plant seeds.

Also, it is easy for me to run a hose into the patio for watering plants, but in the winter, the water from the well is cold, so I hope to get a small, tankless water heater that can either be heated by propane or natural gas.

It's also a place to store my propagating supplies and small tools.

Can you tell? I am really excited to get it. I'll be even more excited when it makes its way HOME.

Cathy, The top is heavy slate and so is the sink. It is too heavy (for me) to even lift one edge an inch. I haven't figure out, yet, whether it can be partially taken apart to transport.

We'll see...

Meanwhile, it is safely in my room and will be used in there for awhile.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Wow, I knew what you would use it for, as soon as I seen it. Way to go!!!!
    Oh, that would be wonderful to have and use!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread