+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melting in Kansas

Blog Entries

Melting in Kansas

That about sums it up ! Heat index of 105 today; actual thermometer temp darn close and predicted at 104/106 tomorrow. Basically can do nothing outside. Nearly passed out after doing some mowing and Windexing my glass door this morning !!! Headed to the shower - mid morning !
    Glanced at my daylilies and saw what might be the last Orchid Corsage bloom as any daylily blooms now are just bonus. Got my new shrub purchases in the shade of a tree until September. Will have to do TONS of work in September--not that it can't be hot then...but should be low to mid 90's or better.
    Y'all remember to hydrate now ! I hear water is best. (I've been drinking glasses of red grapefruit juice but now think it's got lots of sugar in it ! -the usual-anything that you like isn't good for you).
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

I don't know how you atand it Cathy. We have been in the low 90's which is high for us. But eh humidity has been awful this past couple of weks. But at least we have finally had some rain. I don't tolerate the heat. I couldn't survive your temps very long. Stay cool if you can.
    tennessee sue

Rain in West MI

Awoke this morning to a nice steady rain. Rained for hours. What a relief!
    We have been without any measurable rain for about 2 wks now. I'm sure
    my gardens are very happy.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

There are some bad thunderstorms bringing some much needed rain. Despite 30-40% chance, we have had little or none until a couple of hours ago. It looks like another long blob of red is coming this way. I was about to turn on the sprinklers again, but it looks like I get a reprieve.

Cathy, Your temps look like they have dropped to less miserable highs and I see lovely 60's as your morning lows.

The temps here have been in the lower 90's with a heat index of around 100. It has felt awful, and there has been very little breeze.

Our forecasted temps are lows around 75 and highs around 88-90 for the next week with the normal 30-40% after this stuff is done (sometime tomorrow).

August and September always 'seem' to be the hottest months here. I won't complain even though school is starting so early. I am not looking forward to winter.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Woo-hoo ! Yes, Ann it is cooler ! We had rain all day today....makes it muggy at times indoors but there is still coolness in the air. More rain and temps around 89 predicted all through the week. Very unusual as August is our 'oven' month. Your upcoming temps seem good save for the moisture levels ! I am headed to Florida on August 19--I'll probably get sun and heat there !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread