+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Humid !

Blog Entries

Humid !

Rain + Heat = Humidity !
    I know Alabama Ann knows that !
    But here in Kansas, where we know we will get 100 + degree days, we usually don't have humidity too !
    I'm thankful for yesterday's rain ! But just planting two irises left me feeling like a dish towel ! I thought I could do more outside but it is too humid !
    Walk out the door and you're a human soaker hose !
    Sigh ! Not sure what to do now. Housework ?! Ugh !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Well, I don't know if this will work, but someone said to me one time: "just think of it as a free sauna."

Overhere in Michigan, the high for the next 10 days will be 85. Most of the days it will be 82/3, so it's not too bad.
    Dave

OH! Cathy! That must be dreadful!!!! Yesterday, there was no rain. I don't think it went over 92 degrees, but it was HUMID and absolutely NO breeze. That is extremely unusual for here.

Today, I had a Robotics workshop to attend. It was over and 3pm, and wouldn't you know it? I forgot my umbrella, so by the time I reached my car, I was soaking wet.

I hate driving in blinding rain and almost pulled over because of it, but I made it home safely and got even more wet running from the car to the house.

It is 70 degrees, but unfortunately, it looks like the rain is here to stay for awhile.

Dave, mid 80's are nice!!!

We are forecasted for lower 90's for the next 10 days, and 40% chance of rain for 9 out of those 10 days. Most of those are afternoon thunderstorms.

I promise I won't complain!!!!!!!!!! This is more typical weather for this area of the Gulf Coast.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    102 and I'm inside all day ! Stalwart daylilies blooming are Yuma, Carmine Monarch, Orchid Corsage, Midwest Majesty and Rebecca's Red Precious x Frans Hals. I glanced at them and thought oh you poor babies ! Same thought about my newly planted iris.
    Ended up doing housework today--still managed to work up a sweat in a/c ! Gotta get the backyard mowed--planning a counter attack against crabgrass but , again, have to wait for cooler temps to reseed grass(after yanking out crabgrass).
    Stay Cool !

Blog Entries
    More rain late this afternoon, predicted tonight and tomorrow. 100 degrees straight thru the week ! They should make a climate controlled suit to garden in ! LOL!

The heat index was 102 today, and you could FEEL it! No rain, but tomorrow is 60% chance, and I think the next day is as well.

Looks like after that, the normal afternoon 30% chance of showers and highs in the upper 80's and low 90's. I won't complain...

Maybe you could just put on a swimsuit and turn on the sprinklers?!?! I know there have been days that I am mighty tempted to do just that!!!

Hang in there, Cathy! Summer will be over too soon (for me, anyway)!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Oh it was hot today! But we need rain! Slight chance of thunderstorms tonight, but
    I'm not holding my breath. Might have to do a rain dance!
    More heat on the way for the rest of the week, 86 by sat. and sun. 88. Yuck!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread