+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hellllllllllo, Dolly!

Arrow Hellllllllllo, Dolly!

I have been watching this one, and so far it looks like John (stp445) will not get hit badly. Still, they are on the north side, so wind gusts will probably get pretty strong. Hopefully, Dolly will not change directions and head north!

It does appear that Corpus Christi is expecting a lot of rain which they need badly.

John! We are thinking about you and watching the news. I know that you will most likely not have access to the internet, and you are subject to losing power, but please do let us know how you are dong (as soon as you can).

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    It sounds like the levees are holding which is good news. It will be interesting to hear John's first hand account. I've heard the area needs rain but that much so fast might do more harm than good--guess the 'outer' areas will benefit. Hang in there John !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

I was able to take quick peeks at weather.com in my classroom today, but then the power went out for a short while at school (thunderstorms). When I arrived home, the power was out and stayed out for two hours.

When I was finally able to get back online, Dolly I learned that Dolly had actually strengthened to a category 2 hurricane with winds of 185 mph, and she is moving forward so slowly. That, in itself is a dangerous thiing. So much rain and almost just sitting there.

John's area received and is still receiving strong feeder bands and heavy rain as well. I'm sure there are lots of power outages from the wind gusts.

, John! We are anxious to hear that all is fine and good for you and your family as well as your friends!!!!!

It's awfully hard, not knowing, but not nearly as hard as it is for all of you that are suffering from this storm!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Thought I would let everyone know...

I heard from John, and so far he and family are okay. They are getting LOTS of rain!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Good news about John !
    This morning I heard how important the rain is to fill the reservoirs and that many gulf states rely on tropical storms for their water. I didn't know that !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Oh, so glad that John and his family are alright.
    I didn't know that either! I love to learn new things. Thanks Cathy!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread