+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Members albums

Blog Entries

Exclamation Members albums

I'm going to start this off by posting links to my various Albums and I hope that all y'all will do the same as you set up your Albums.

SPIDER AND UNUSUAL FORM SEEDLINGS
    http://www.landspro.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1

FULL FORM TET & DIP SEEDLINGS
    http://www.landspro.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2

NAMED CULTIVARS
    http://www.landspro.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3

Ann,

I was thinking a new Forum might be a better way of doing this as it would always be visible and easy to find. Also using a forum would mean we wouldn't have to search the member's profiles to see how has "public" albums. If you do that I can go back and edit this message out ! No sense in corn0fussing folks!

Each album is limited to only 60 images and for most of y'all that ain't no problem; however, I will not be putting images of everything I grow into the respective albums I have set up, I may change some images out occasionally, but I'll post a notice when that happens!

All y'all have fun, ya hear!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

The 60 image limit is the default. I can change that if needed. Just let me know.

I'll think about what to do about a separate forum.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann B. View Post
    Rebecca,

The 60 image limit is the default. I can change that if needed. Just let me know.

I'll think about what to do about a separate forum.
    Ann,

60 is actually a good number for me as it will keep me from hogging the albums!

I think once we get more members utilizing the on site albums would be soon enough to consider a new forum, no hurry, no worry!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

I allocated more disk space and bandwidth to the forums today, so don't be afraid to use it. There is more if I need to increase it again.

The 60 images are suppose to be for each album, right? If not, I will increase it. I don't know if there is a limit set for the number of albums. I'll check into all of that in the next week or so.

Just nudge me if you run into any limits, okay? It's actually quite easy to change them.

Have FUN!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann, since I have 3 (?) albums I can tell you the 60 image limit is for each album.

I've got plenty of images I could up load, just finding the time to do it is the hold up! Had 2 new seedlings bloom just yesterday! As well as older, late season ones coming into bloom. So there will be images added. . . . eventually!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Are these Albums automatically linked to the Forum as pictures get posted in the Forum ?
    Abby

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abbyjen View Post
    Are these Albums automatically linked to the Forum as pictures get posted in the Forum ?
    If you up load your images top an album you can embed them in your post. Unfortunately if you simply attach an image it will not add it to your album.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

Going back to your first post in this thread... Are you suggesting that there should be subforums under the Daylily forum?

I can do that if you wish...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann B. View Post
    Rebecca,

Going back to your first post in this thread... Are you suggesting that there should be subforums under the Daylily forum?

I can do that if you wish...
    No it was about others posting a link to their albums here so we could find them easier. No one either "got it" or was interested, so not to worry about it.

On the other hand, expanding the Daylily Forum into various sub forums is something to think about but I don't think we need to do that yet. There are so many different forms, sizes, shapes and then there's the polidy issue, re-bloom, instant/ever blooming, etc I think we're good with what we have for now. Lets see how the bloom season goes and then if certain areas get a lot of hits we can spin off a new sub forum.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    TY, Kim! They are all beautiful!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread