+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pink Madeville/Wilt Pruf/Results?

Pink Madeville/Wilt Pruf/Results?

Hi Ann,

I've read the results about your pink Mandeville, using the wilt pruf.
    What I'd like to know is if you hae done any expirementation, without the wilt pruf on the mandeville.

What are the results when you compare the two cuttings?
    One with Wilt Pruf, and one without?

My Pink Mandeville has already trippled in size, and I want to take cuttings from it this evening.
    No wilt pruf on hand either.
    Thanks,
    Kathy in Ga.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Propagating Mandevilla without Wilt Pruf

Kathy,

Cut the outer half of the oblong leaves off to reduce transpiration, and you should do fine. Yes, I tried one way versus the other. Wilt Pruf simply makes it easier and they root faster because they are still getting energy from the leaves. You can also use another product called Vapor Guard, or something like that.

If the leaf transpiration is high, the leaves are likely to turn yellow and fall off. You can try a plastic bag over them and this will reduce leaf transpiration. But since these leaves are so large, cutting them in half perpendicular to the leaf stem should help. That is how I used to do it.

Be sure to use semi-hardwood. New growth will tend to wilt on you even if you have a mist.

Good Luck!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Smile Got side tracked

Thank you Ann B.

I decided not to do it yesterday. I was going to wait until I could get some wilt pruf, I looked in Several Stores today and never found it. This evening, I got side tracked with mums.
    Which takes me to another post.

Tomorrow, I will be into, the Mandeville, as well as others.
    Having A BLAST!
    Kathy in Ga.

+ Reply to Thread