+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Features - Avatars & Profile Pictures

Threaded View

New Features - Avatars & Profile Pictures

Well, Avatars is not really a new feature but is definitely one that has not been used very much before the upgrade.

Right now, it appears that most of you have figured out how to add your own custom Avatar. However, just in case, I thought I would ask:

Does anyone have any questions, comments or suggestions about Avatars?

If so, post them here.

Now, the big question:

What is the difference between an Avatar and a Profile Picture?

It's my understanding the the Profile Picture is meant to be a personal picture of YOU. I need to do more research on that one...

In the meantime, if you want to research the capability of this software (which I am still doing), you can visit:

www.vbulletin.com/forum

If I remember correctly, you have to join the vbulletin forum in order to do a search.

Have FUN!!!!

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Ann B.
    What is the difference between an Avatar and a Profile Picture?
    Ann, I believe profile picture is the one people can see if the look at your profile, but it doesn't show with your post like avatar does.

After the upgrade of the forum, I wanted to add an avatar, but with a quick search, I just thought profile picture is that same, so I added it. I remember it didn't do what I wanted (I think it was that it didn't show in my post, but I am not 100% sure now), so I deleted my profile picture and added my avatar.
    Dave

Thank you, Dave!

I'm counting on all of you to learn and use the new features while I learn the administrative parts and take care of any 'issues' remaining with the upgrade.

Then, I'll play 'catch up' with all of YOU!!!

Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread