+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Landspro Upgrade

Blog Entries
    Ann,

Avatar size limit is still read 50 x 50 on my use CP, so back to the drawing board, or maybe it will take effect tomorrow?

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

When I was entering the avatar, it says 100x100 or 97.5KB. I found that even with 200x200, my file was only 34KB. I don't know if that is because my image-editing software is compressing the JPG image efficiently or what.

So I tried a 150x150. The size is only 19KB. I used that as avatar, and the system seems to take it fine.
    Dave

Then I tried again with 100x100. The image size looks the same, so it looks like when you upload a file with resolution bigger than 100x100, the system will scale it down for you.
    Dave

Rebecca, it might be your browser is using cached (stored) page for your user CP. Try refreshing it, or try deleting temporary internet files and then try again.
    Dave

Thanks, Rebecca for reminding me. I thought about it earlier tonight, but forgot to go back and change it. As a moderator, you are in a different user group.

Let me take go take care of that right NOW!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,

Thank you! Nice size too! I'll probably be changing it from time to time, but for now my avatar feature Hem. 'Jack Sprat', one of Dottie Warrells' introductions. New last year this is it's FFO for this season.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Slowly, but surely, I am makinng changing that should help not only with functionality, but with speed and bandwith.

I have changed it so that the yahoo search engines do not view direct attachments. The google search engine capability has not been set yet, and when I understand that feature better, I will inable it.

This is nice, isn't it? There are lots of functions that help me and Landspro that you do not see...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Only because I am partial to Google, I do hope you give this search engine as much functionality as you feel comfortable with. And "constrain" Yahoo! even more!

Ann, I gotta tell you I am really enjoying all the new functionality of Landspro and I am really tickled with being able to post more than one attachment to a post, now that is way cool! Especially since I am so lax about up loading my flower images (especially) to on line hosting sites.

I am actually somewhat surprised that this new version doesn't come with an album, but then costs aren't as easily controlled when you start adding too many bells and whistles!

Like Hans, I do have some prior experience with using this version so a lot of these "new" functions have come easily to me. One thing I did notice when I posted a new thread about my Pink Water Lily was being able to add "tags" to the image. this will really be helpful when searching, either through the site or via Google (or Yahoo!)

Ann, YOU ROCK!

Rebecca
    Last edited by Rebecca; 07-07-2008 at 01:49 PM. Reason: typo
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

I also belong to several forums that use this software. Some of them allow guests to view images and some do not. That made me think about why? Personally, I like letting the guests see the pictures.

After I see what the loading is like, I may change this option. I do have a few users that lurk and do not login. I would definitely like to encourage them to login.

Another decision that I had to make was whether to use thumbnails for attached images, especially since I am allowing multiple images per post. Obviously, I decided I didn't like the thumbnail approach, but after watching the bandwidth problems on Tinker's, I decided to address that issue. I'll be monitoring the bandwidth at the end of the month.

We will see... In the meantime, if anyone has questions, don't forget to ask! If you have suggestions/comments, please let me know. We can either discuss it here, or you can send me a pm.

Everything is subject to change, and I appreciate everyone's patience as this is definitely a learning curve for me.

Glad you like it, Rebecca!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann,
    When I try to use the Quick Reply section I can't, It will not recognize my mouse click Any reason for that?
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Dawn,

To use the quick reply, you have to click on the icon at the right-most bottom of the post that looks like a notepad with a pencil writing on it. The reply box will be cleared for you and you can type away.

When you are ready to post the reply, click on post reply.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Talking Guest Viewing of Threads

After looking at my bandwidth usage and considering a few other concerns, I have decided to enable unregistered/guests to view direct attachments.

Toward the end of the month, I will check the bandwidth usage to make sure it is going to be okay.

Hugs to ALL!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Thanks for explaining Ann. I have been knitting and I had to quit, my left arm is hurting for some reason.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

First Major Problem

There is one HUGE problem!

The old version of this software used program file extension of '.php3' which is no longer recommended. The new version uses '.php'.

What does that mean?

All links to threads and forums at various websites are getting an error. Bookmarks that include '.php3' in the url will no longer work.

This means many Google links are broken as well.

I am working with vbulletin support to figure out the best way to permanently fix this problem.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

P.S.

The best way to get the WYSIWYG editor is to use the 'post reply' icon at the lower left of the message.

This will automatically take you to the WYSIWYG (pronounced wissie wig) editor.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast