+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shopping - Wholesale Nursery Supplies

Shopping - Wholesale Nursery Supplies

Often, I feel so spoiled because I live in an area where there are a lot of nurseries, big and small.

This morning, I visited my favorite one, BWI Companies. Even though it is late in the season, they had ample 3.5 cubic foot bales of long haired spagnum moss, each for $20. One bale will normally last me a year, but I have so many plants that need repotting, I opted to buy 3 of them. Don't forget! Often, they are out of them by the time I get a chance to shop there.

I still have plenty of one gallon pots and will be freeing up more, AND I have more 3-5 gallons than I can possible ever use, so I priced 2 gallon (trade size) and bought 100 of those for $20.

Since I still have plenty of vermiculite and perlite in rubber made tubs, I didn't buy any more of that. However, I probably should have bought some more potting soil. My local Home Depot stopped carrying my favorite brand (apparently).

If the frequent rains continue, I'll be propagating more soon. I miss taking cuttings, etc., etc., etc. I miss propagating!

Anyway, I'm getting READY!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann, where do you buy you vermiculite and perlite? My local sources only carry the dinky bags ... way too costly when you need tons.
    Thank you
    Patsy

Patsy,

The 4 cubic foot bags used to be available at Home Depot, but certain times of the year, they didn't carry them.

So, I switched to purchasing them at BWI Companies who is a wholesale nursery supply company, one of several in my area.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Wow Ann, that was a quick reply! Thank you...I'll check Home Depot again. I hadn't shopped there in a while but have been more often. I haven't found wholesale suppliers near me.
    Patsy

+ Reply to Thread