+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrading

Upgrading

Ann B. I really appreciate what you are doing here. I noticed that you said that you wanted to upgrade the site, have more features, etc. I applaud you for this, but who is paying for it? Can we members help?
    Also, if you are looking for new ideas for the site, I suggest you look at "Bannas.org" This site, and the creator, Jarred Cohen, have produced the most feature- laden site I have ever seen.Plus, Jarred, is the most helpful person I have ever found - when I was having a problem loging onto another of his forums, "Aquarium Forum", he called me, on the phone, and personally walked me through the whole process.
    John_NY
    USDA Zone 6/7
    Sunset Zone 34

Thank you, John! You have been a wonderful and valued contributer, and it means a lot to all of us.

Who pays for it? I do, and I do not mind doing so...

The only time that it hurts is when someone sends me a message saying that the board is boring and they do not wish to contribute anymore.

Yeah! That hurts, 'cause I have tried so hard to make it free with none of those ads.

Oh, well... I don't know how much longer I will do this. I almost shut landspro down a few weeks ago. I was tempted after being told how boring it was, but I didn't. I paid the bill, and intend to move forward.

I will check out your friend's site!

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann and anyone else,

there ain't nothin boring about Landspro! Now we might take long naps w/o a lot of activity, but when we have something to say or talk about, it is never "boring". The person who sent you such a rude message is the "boar". (Yes, I did spell that exactly the way I meant it!)

Maybe you should forward the letter you got inviting you to author articles for the "How To" site. Nah, I wouldn't waste my energy on them!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

It takes all kinds to make the world go round ! People join message boards for various reasons(apparently a whole lot just to 'spam'). Some have 'issues', don't really realize it, and hope to get attention they aren't getting elsewhere. When they don't get it here, well, someone must be punished and they announce their disappointment in not being able to find whatever it is they are missing inside--only that's not how it is expressed.

my 2 cents
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Ann, I know how you feel/felt. Although we know logically that we should just ignore comments like those, but it still hurts. I was just experiencing similar thing last week, not on computer thing, but people sometimes know how to hurt others.

Still, just ignore them. I think the comments are rude and unnecessary.

I don't feel this place is boring at all. I am glad that I have joined.
    Dave

Thank you, ALL!

I can only do what I can do, and I agree with Dave that sometimes people just want to hurt you, and yes, it does.

But, it's okay!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

If Ann would accept donations for support of this forum, I would donate in a heartbeat. I would hate to lose the access I have to these forums due to the forum being closed due to non support. I would hate to lose all the friendships I have made here. So I urge you all to donate if the need happens.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Dawn and ALL!

Thanks. You are all so wonderful!

The best that you can give to support landspro is to continue to contribute. Your time is valuable, and I know how it is to be stressed for time.

Right now, I think I'm about to get a little relief from that! I hear thunder and it is very cloudy outside. Rain would definitely help, even if that means I have to stay inside.

Hugs to ALL and thanks for your support!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann
    I cannot see a problem with a small contribution to the site. After all you have to go and earn your money like the rest of us.
    Abby

I cannot see a problem with a small contribution to the site....
    ditto
    Dave

I will ditto Abby, Dave and all the others.
    John

+ Reply to Thread