+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Invitation to Write

Wink

Great-ful, I wrote at series on "Gardening in a Small Space" and I think I had about 5-6 different items. You might look at those here on LP. I might suggest if you have the will and time to write, do so right here. Ann has the final say so on what goes on the site but, it gets very helpful information in print and out for others to use. In my lectures I start off by telling the students, "Writers are writers and usually don't grow AND Growers are growers and usually don't write, so if you want to grow something, find something written by a grower, and you might look on LandsPro for information and ideas that will work."

Ann I have not forgotten you, I have also done 5 - 1/4 pages in the Local Master Gardening mag. entitled "Bulbs, Tubers and Blooms" covering (at this time) generally growing of bulbs, tubers, corms, rhysomes and such. My next area will be propagation of same (in general). Then I will take each type of bulb and get more specific in each with specifics to each family. I'm the "Passion Team" leader for "bulbs" and I have an expert on Day Lilies cover them. Yes, I know there are "Southern" and "Northern" Day Lilies and guess what --- She lives 6 months here in Corpus Chrisit, Tx during the Winter growing and breeding Lilies here and 6 months in Michigan with her Day lilies there. She does the classes entitled "Sex in the Garden".

Thank you, John!

I agree, and obviously I can use all the help I can get on this forum.

BTW, I am aware of your busy life, so I appreciate it when you are able to visit. Contributing is an extra special plus!

Thanks!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

John, I amen Ann's thanks. When checking out the other 'site' I saw a lot of writers who seemed to be writing just to see their words in print ... guess I mean like talking to hear yourself talk. I didn't enjoy wading through it so wondered it any of you had anything worth looking for. As you taught me long ago LP is the place to go for absolutely everything...my personal opinion...based on pure fact . I only wish there were some way for Ann to be appropriately compensated for what's she's providing, and allowing us to share, in the way of info, wisdom, entertainment and therapy . She'd be a wealthy lady.
    Patsy

And you would find time to do this -while sleeping,or in the twentyfifth hour of your day? If you can find the time to do,it sounds like a good opportunity. I would definately want to see what's in writing. May you have good fortune
    should you decide to try it.
    Del

I thought long and hard about it, and finally decided to pass the opportunity along.

As Del indicates, there are only 24 hours in a day. My days are full, and they go by too fast. I don't seem to have the time to do nearly as much as I would like on LP, and I often have problems with my cable internet service.

It seems that I just got this computer recently, but I have already overloaded it, especially with stuff for school.

I have decided NOT to work this summer unless they twist my arms and beg me to, which they will probably do because summer school is going to be on the computer. I was really hoping that they would decide on a 3 month summer this coming year, but they didn't. We will only have two months, and both Hunter and I need those 2 months this year.

So, bottom line, I guess, is that, if I'm going to do any writing and documenting, it will be here and on the main website. I created the main website with a video camera and kept the resolution really low since most people were on really slow dialup at the time. I need to reload the pages based on everything that I have learned.

I also wish to do more propagating, both vegetatively and via seed, but right now, I am terribly far behind on everything.

YES! I need 30 hours per day with zero hours of sleep, but that is not possible.

John, I especially appreciate your gardening articles that you have presented here. I will be implementing several of your ideas in the months to come.

Hugs to ALL of YOU! Your comments make it all worth while!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2