+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Dearest Friends...

My Dearest Friends...

Hey, Everyone!

All of you have been so patient with my prolonged absences in recent years, and I suppose that it may be a surprise to some of you that I am now closing my 5th year of teaching. Go figure... Remember all the hoops and hurdles that I went through?

Anyway, something very unexpected and very special happened today, and I don't have any pictures (wish that I did), but I have been touched in a way that many may not understand.

A parent suddenly showed up at the beginning of one of my classes. She was carrying a large, beautiful vase of silk flowers. This is so hard to explain... I had just looked at the scores on the computer from a retake of a test that my students had previously done poorly on, and I had worked so hard to reteach it. I looked up, and there was the mother handing me the vase. Then, she handed me a beautifully decorated huge, chocolate chip cookie that said Happy Mothers Day.

Then, to top that off, she handed me a card which I could not open until later because my next class was entering the room. She gave me a hug and said "Thank YOU! We appreciate you!"

OMG! It has been teacher appreciation week, and I cannot tell you how appreciated I felt at that moment.

Later, I opened the card, and I would like to share what this mother said:

"Do you know how special you are?

The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

2 Chronicles 16:9

Dear Mrs. B,

Just a little something to say "thank you" so much for time, sweat and effort that you have put into our children. Most of that class would be failing had it been any other teacher. May God Bless you in the riches of your heart. I thank God for giving you the strength needed to endure that class. God Bless you and your family."

OMG! What can I say? Inside the envelope was an Applebee's gift card for $25.

Remember last year when the student gave me a vase of flowers? Oh, my! It is nice to feel appreciated...

I am so touched. This has been a very difficult class, and I am so glad that parents understand and appreciate that!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Ann,

My Dear, Dear,Dear Friend, you ARE special! You have always been special and my heart is over flowing with joy for you to have been recognized by a parent in such a warm and touching way.

Our Lord does reward us for the good we do and sometimes He sends His reward in such a tangible and real way so others may also "see" what can happen when one person does His work. In this case taking the time to insure children have all they need to become all they can be.

You ROCK! You always have and you always will and in EVERYTHING you do. You are truly a TEACHER, and in the purest meaning of the word.

Congratulations!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    How beautiful, inspired and selfless of both of you ! Proof that there are angels among us !
    The flowers and card will be an ever present reminder... as for the chocolate chip cookie(let me guess..Hunter ?!)
    Enjoy !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread