+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prayers appreciated

Blog Entries

Prayers appreciated

I hope that you will keep my Mom in your prayers over the coming days. She is 90 and has to have a procedure(requiring anesthesia) to remove fluid from the sac around her heart (pericardial effusion). It isn't known what produced or is producing it but it is more than should be there and it is better to remove it now than if it builds up more. I hope that this is a one time thing and the fluid doesn't come back. It requires inserting a needle into the sac around the heart and draining it over a couple of days with a catheter. She will be in the closest thing to a heart hospital where she lives and has a thoracic surgeon performing the procedure. It will be done late Thursday afternoon. She is supposed to be in the hospital 3 days. My brother will fly in mid morning and be there Thurs-Sunday. I will go there Tuesday thru the next Monday. I (we) hate hospitals and this is scary. At first I was trying to get there to be there for the procedure but my brother e-mailed saying he was going there. I am just glad that family will be there for her for the procedure.
    Anyway, all prayers will be gratefully appreciated.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy, your Mom, yourself, and your family will definitely in my prayers.
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Consider prayers sent Heaven-word, my friend. Even one for you to be able to put you feelings about hospitals aside and not let being there for your Mom get to you. Think of it as her being in a place of healing and health.

I am sure your Mom will come through the procedure fine and that this will be the only time she needs this done.
    Remember to place your burdens into the Lord's hands before you even leave home.

Love ya!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Thank you ! I spoke with Mom this evening. She was a little upset as they moved her check-in time up 2 hours and her caregiver had already left for the day and she was alone and left wondering how she was going to get there and how to pack. Neither of these were cause to worry but 'worry' is part of our DNA. She is glad I will be there Tuesday and I told her we have to go to Goodwill on Wednesday(senior discount day and our place to go when I visit--she buys picture frames nearly everytime--and she does indeed have the pictures to fill the frames !). She said I made her feel better-not sure if it was because I was coming there or my conjecture on why her bathrobe was shorter in the back than the front. I read up on the doc and she thinks he is probably good, his waiting room is full and with many older folks. I read up on him and told her where he went to med school and interned(not far from where we lived on Long Island) and that he's in his early 50's. I also reminded her that the hospital has a cardiac specialty. I just want her to feel confident and as relaxed as possible given the nature of the procedure. She did say that she didn't expect having to go through anything like this anymore at her age.
    Thank you again for your continued prayers. God Bless You !

Cathy,

You are so fortunate to have such a loving and caring relationship with your mother. I know it is hard to be so far away, and it is difficult to break from work to help tend to her needs.

God Bless YOU! I would adore to have a daughter like YOU!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Thank you I spoke with my mother. She is alert and eating. Both good things. She will be in the hospital through Monday and they will probably keep her until I get there Tuesday.

Dazed , when you see your mother , please giver her a big hug for me. I am praying that her procedure is successful.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    Thank you. I am headed there Tuesday. Mom is still in the hospital and we are hoping for Tuesday or Wednesday to come home.

Cathy,

Will keep you in my prayers. Where are you going (where does your Mom lives)?

You are a very nice daughter!
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Thank you Dave My Mom lives in Jupiter, FL (in the West Palm Beach area).

Cathy,

When you get back, be sure to let us know how you Mom is doing...

I am praying that all is well.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Hi ! I got back home today. Mom is doing well; when I got to the house last Tuesday--expecting to drive to the hospital--Mom was home ! I was stunned. They had removed more than a quart of fluid from around her heart. Hopefully it was a one time occurence. She is mending well. Thank you for your prayers!

Cathy, good to know about your Mom's condition and that you have come home safely!
    Dave

Oh! Thank you, Cathy!

I have been so worried for you.

Bless YOU!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Dear Cathy,
    I'm so glad that your Mom is alright. Sorry to not have sent up prayers especially for her and you, but I have been offline for awhile. But thanking the Lord, that she is home and doing good.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread