+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Insomneia Strikes Again

After my mom passed away in 2003, I cannot sleep through the night without waking up after an hour or two sleep. My solution to this was to take a sleep aid sold over the counter at WalMart. Not the brand name one called Unisome, it is the WalMart version of it.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Dave,

I purposely drink decaffinated, sugar free.... Go figure! I have had this problem since I was a small child. I took medication for it for awhile, and that helped, but there were side affects, so I stopped.

One thing for sure, since I get up really early, I crash very quickly, fall into a deep sleep only to be awakened at 3:30am. I wonder what happens at 3:30am to awaken me every night?

The alarm is set for 5am, but I am awake still until 4:45, suddenly fall alseep and wha-lah! The alarm goes off, and I am not a happy camper!

I think my mind plays tricks on me!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    I think when a person wakes up at the same time every night it's because it has become a 'habit'. I know how hard it is to go back to sleep once the mind starts churning. Unless it is something of tremendous worry, you might try not thinking. Really, just say to yourself that you aren't going to pursue any thoughts further than 'stop'. You might try to imagine a 'pattern' like a fabric pattern or lace curtain pattern and focus on that(but not at the detail exploration level--just fill your mind with it). It's dull enough to perhaps make you go back to sleep. The idea is to stop your mind from thinking. Not sure if that makes sense.
    I have not tried this but have read that if you can't sleep, get up and do something...like read or pay bills. But I don't think TV or the pc is good as they tell you not to do that before bed.
    I have fallen asleep on the couch with the TV on and awakened in the wee hours. I think having the TV on might help some people.
    That's about all I know
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

It is my art that keeps me awake.

Once I start it is sooo hard to put the brush down.

Abby
    Attached Images  

My latest called "The Floral Multiculturism"
    Attached Images  

So you can appreciate the texture, I include a close up
    Attached Images  

Abby
    Attached Images  

Wow, so many talents, Abby!

Are those oil or acrylic?
    Dave

The first one is acrylic and the floral is oil.

I attach an acrylic done with scalpel

Abby
    Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Wow, Abby,

Awesome! I am in the midsts of a true artist! One who actually puts brush to pigments and then to canvas. I bow to your true talent and gift.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Abby,

That is fascinating! How long have you been painting?

I adore reading, but I'm always so tired, I just CRASH!

Please do show us more...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Wow! You are so talented! The only thing I can do that gets comments like that is sew clothing.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

On and off I have been painting for some 20 years. Beside Classic Art, I also enjoy Folk Art, Glass Painting, Mosaics and Quilting.

For Classic Art it helps to have a photographic memory to be able to translate the pigment colours to the canvass.

You also require a lot of patience as some of the intricate work requires some eight hours of work per square inch. You can see why some of the classics are so expensive.
    Attached Images  

This is an acryllic of Mt. Canobolas and Pinnacle near Orange where I spent most of my childhood and adolescent life.

I find Acryllics a lot harder to work with when doing detailed work as it dries a lot quicker to the oils and hence you do not have the blending ability. But if working indoors the smell of the acryllics is a lot better.

Unfortunately, with the advent and availability of cameras, the classic art has gone by the wayside. But my walls remain adorned in it.

Abby
    Attached Images  

But right now I absolutely adore Rebecca's Linear Imaging and I must find time to do some of it perhaps in winter when the garden is not so demanding.

Please Rebecca post some more of your beautiful images, They leave me entranced.

Abby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast