+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Insomneia Strikes Again

Blog Entries

Insomneia Strikes Again

So I made a few new linear images, like this one:

Image Hosted by HoverSpot.com

Click on the bar and see all 6 of them! Enjoy!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Thought you'd get a kick out of seeing how this one started out after the first round of manipulations:
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Very nice, Rebecca.

I wonder if you could post the link to the other images here because if I go there and click "next image," it asked me to login.
    Dave

Blog Entries
    Dave,

The idea behind that is to get folks to join the social networks, but I know how it is! No prob loading more images, might even do a short cut of my own.

Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries

I have decided I do not like this place, at all, every few pages they want you to do something and I am not into that, at all! Posting the link to this one because it is too wide for the page here. All the others I'll up load from my PC.
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Sometime over the next few days I'll post all of these to a new album on my Webshots pages, might have to use a pre=existing album, can't remember!!!

I think this is the last one, there was only 6 of them altogether.
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Thanks, Rebecca. They are beautiful!
    Dave

This helps explain the lovely graphic picture of the heart that you posted for my birthday.

Never seen anything like it, I only do oils and acrylics and classic at that - I should be more adventuresome.

I am rather green with computers, is it hard to learn?

Thanks for sharing
    Abby

Blog Entries
    Abby,

I am not a PC guru by any stretch of the imagination and I certainly do not understand any of the programs I use, but, for the most part, using them - to the extent that I do - has come fairly easy. After a lot of practice and many more failures than successes.

All of the original originals for these linear works were a type of fractal I got off the web, non-copy written and then I just started to manipulate them with one or two of the editing programs I use most frequently. The trick is in know when to stop so there is still some integrity to the end image. By "integrity" I also me resolution and a size that when shrunk down is still detailed enough to make viewing it a favorable experience. I am not counting "thumbnail" images as part of this, unless I am re-sizing something for use as an avatar and a lot of my "works" just don't cut it as avatars as the format is way too small. None of these linear images would make good avatars as they rely on the non-colored parts to give them definition. Avatars are generally small than thumbnails, but thumbnails is what the small linked images are.

Photoshop Elements is a purchased program and the one I do 90% of my editing and manipulations on' Photo Filtre is a free program and many of the plug in filters I use with elements will also work on PF. For generation fractals I use Fractal Explorer, also a free program, just google for it and PF.

That's for anyone interested in plating around with fractals and any type of photo or image manipulation.

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

My Dearest Rebecca,

What would really freak you out is that I do understand, thoroughly, the mathematics behind what you are doing. Go figure...

In regards to sleeping at night, it has been troublesome for me for most of my life, but lately, when I come home, I have so much to do, then I crash early to get up early for the next day.

I wake up in the wee hours of the morning, unable to go back to sleep. I look at the clock. It says 3:47. I try hard to go back to sleep because I know I have not had enough. I try hard, but then I look at the clock and it says 4:30, and I know I have only 30 minutes more to sleep. Go figure.... I fall asleep, and the alarm clock goes off at 5am. Frustrating...

Somehow, I feel that I am missing out on too much. It's not supposed to be this way. I should be able to have a life, but somehow, my time for even the passion of my plants is limited.

I keep thinking that surely, it will get better!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    All "things" that frustrate us in this life eventually do get better. We find/invent ways to make things better, or at least less complicated and with fewer things to "snag us up".

I'm still searching, myself, but have not given up that the roads of life I travel will eventually smooth out and I will not find nearly so many of life's "pot holes"!

I know how deep some of life's "pot holes" can be, but I also know that if you search the sides of those holes, we can find a way out and back onto the road; plus we will be more knowledgeable about possibly avoiding the next deep hole, as well as all the little ones that seem to always crop up!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    PS
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Smiling! Laffing!

Where they is a will, there is a WAY!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

When you ladies figure out the secret to sleeping ALL night please let me in on it! I do exactly as you Ann. I wake up in the wee hours after just a few hours of sleep, then my mind is wide awake and I toss and turn and the pain creeps in (old injuries) and the night is a total loss. Often, as you, just a few minutes before my day is to begin I then fall into a blissful sleep and have to end it all to soon. Cranky thereafter, I manage, but I would so love to sleep all night unimpeded, uninterrupted, dreaming peacefully.

Are you sure there is no caffein involved?

When it happened like that to me, it is usually because of caffein (for some people it could be just a cup of tea in the evening). Because of a long day, I can fall asleep easily, but after maybe 2 hours later, I suddenly woke up and could not sleep again until a few hours later, just like you have described.

But for me, if I watch not to have any caffein say after 3pm (or not too much before that), then I will be ok.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast