+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sad news

sad news

Friends,
    I just wanted to let you know that Rebecca's Dad passed away this morning in Kentucky. She will be going there and then bringing him home to Indiana to be burried with her Mom. Please pray for her and her family in their loss. Arrangments are incomplete right now but I will keep you posted as I learn more.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Oh how sad. Rebecca- I will keep your Dad in my prayers.
    (((HUGS)))
    Cathy
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Rebecca,
    I'm so sorry for your loss of your Father. Saying prayers for you all.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Rebecca,

I am very sad for you. Please know that my prayers and thoughts are with you during these difficult times.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Rebecca,

I am sorry to hear the news. I pray that God will give you strength and special peace as you go through this difficult period of time.
    Dave

Rebecca
    We are all thinking of you
    Abby

Rebecca,
    Please accept my condolences on the passing of your dad. Remember the good times you shared with him and he will be with you always. Now you enter the year of firsts. My year of firsts started on Jan1 2004 when my mom passed away.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Blog Entries
    I wanted to thank ll y'all for you kind words and gentl thoughts, that have been much appreciated.

My Dad had had a long and fruitful life and he was having some difficult times with both his physical healthy and mental health. He was diagnoses with Alzheimers a tear or so ago and that was definitely taking it's tole and a good portion of the man whom I had known as my Dad was no longer there. Back in February he had fallen and broken a hip and had complications after the surgery that nearly took him from us then, but he fought and came back to us and had actually been doing very well. But as we know, when the Lord calls us home we must go at that very moment and that s what Dad did.

We (the family) have celebrated his life and rejoiced that he is now with the Lord as wellas other family members and fiends of my Dad's that have passed before him. He had aa nice welcoming committee I am sure and he is totally restored in spirit and once again whole again, and happy!

As many of you know, my Dad was a gardening - where I got it from as well as from my Grandmother (especially about house plants), so they will both always be a part of who I am along with my Mom who passed back in 1974 shortly before my Grandpa did.

Anyway, dad had a nice garden years ago that he had had to give up when he was moved into a retirement center and I was able to dig and bring some home with me. One of those plants was the daylily 'Ice Carnival' and it has since become a foundation plant for ne of my breeding programs. I have one cross that I expect may begin to bloom this season and I plan to name and register a seedling in memory of my Dad and then make it available to family members who would like to grow it in their gardens. I may have several crosses to choose from, but I had in mind the cross I had made with 'Thorhalla' as it should be quite tall with really good branching and bud count and either near white or pastel in color. One that feel Dad, himself, would have liked. We shall see what the season brings, but I do expect a few different IC seedlings to bloom for the first time this season, plus I have a couple that maidened last year that might also be suitable for this living memorial.

One of the older seedlings, if no one new blooms this season, that I could name in honor of my Dad is this seedling with 7" blooms and a sugar coating as well as a slight fragrance. Dad would like this one! I actually have several older seedling that have proven to be great garden plants that I could use and most are already big enough to divide and send a double fan division to all my nieces, nephews as wellas my brother and sister, and they wouldn't have to wait 2 to 3 years. I will see who blooms and who looks like they would be the best candidate for this honor.

Rebecca
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Rebecca,

It is wonderful to know that your Dad is with the Lord. Though as human, we are sad on this earth, we know that we haven't lost him.

I am sure this coming Sunday will be extra meaningful to you as we celebrate that death had been conquered.
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread