+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nice sneak peak of spring

Blog Entries

Nice sneak peak of spring

It was beautiful here today..if..you don't count the wind. Of course, as it nears end of day, the wind dies down. It was supposed to be 70 today. Not sure what the official high is yet.
    I did get out there and plant: 5 pink lily of the valley, 5 western bleeding hearts, 1 pink hellebore and 20 liatris. I bought them all from Buggycrazy. I have never seen plants so healthy and fresh. I don't know how she does it. The hellebore looked like it was just dug and not a speck of soil on it. Her plants are always so 'clean'. Everything had extensive root systems !

She had them surrounded by gorgeous green moss. Can I plant the moss ? Some of it is still green and has roots; it might be packing material but it's alive !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Plant the moss! It will do more good than anything else.

It was 73 degrees most of the day today.

No wind, just nice!

I have been in the greenhouse, watering and moving plants.

I have mixed some soil to plant more seeds.

I have moved plants from my propagating room (bedroom) to the greenhouse to get used to more normal temperatures. I need to do this in order to make more room for germinated seeds of all sorts.

Tomorrow, I will water the plants in the patio and porch. They are definitely thirsty.

Now, that it is staying light just a little longer, I can spend more time in the gardens during the evening hours.

Spring is a good thing for me, but I still have to wait a few weeks before my treasures go back outside for the next 9 months.

OH! It is a nice and beautiful, gorgeous day. Thanks, Cathy! I'm glad to know that I am not the only one enjoying this...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    I planted it...as best one can 'plant' moss. Tomorrow rain is predicted and temps going back down to low 40's. But 50's will be back at the end of the week. Lows upper 20's.
    I saw Robins today. While I think they don't actually migrate away from here in winter, I haven't seen any in a long time and figure they are a sign of spring !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

We still have snow

Well spring is 2 weeks away, and we still have snow. We have only about 10" or so, but then all the snowbanks make it still look like a lot more.
    When our first 70 degree day hits, I will be singing in the sunshine!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

+ Reply to Thread