+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Had To Reformat Computer

Had To Reformat Computer

Over the last weekend I was attacked by a worm.win32netsky and many trojans. It took me several days to get it out of the computer . I had to reformat the computer to make sure that it was gone. I have been running anti virus scans every day since Tuesday. So now I have been trying to get my favorite places back. The first time I tried to get here it said it couldn't be found but I kept trying till it did find it.
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Glad you are back up and running again!

I absolutely hate that there are so many evil persons in this world, creating these viruses.

It is bad enough to be physically sick with viruses.

Hunter is very sick! With a virus, so I won't get a lot of sleep tonight.

Bummer!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Ann I hope that Hunter feels better soon! It isn't fun being sick I know.

Thanks!

He is feeling mighty miserable about now, but we have shut off the lights, so hopefully both of us will get a couple of hours sleep.

I'm glad you have your computer fixed. I know what a nightmare that can be. It happened to me a couple of years ago, and it was definitely NOT fun!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Hopefully by now Hunter is feeling a lot better and I hope you are too Ann.

You will not believe this but after downloading and installing the Windows Service Pack 3 file, it froze up everything on my computer, not to mention it closed programs I had running with out asking me to close them. I had to reformat and reinstall everything last night. I didn't get into bed until about 3:30 am this morning.
    So be very careful before downloading and installing that service pack.

Blog Entries
    Daylily Dawn, What do you use for security s/w ? I have Norton.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Dazed, I was using the antivirus program that my motherboard disc had on it till I could get AVG or Avast again.
    After getting home from buying groceries tonight I had to reformat again for the second time in two days. Another update was at fault. I am about ready to quit Windows and go with another operating system like Linux or Ubtuntu I am slowly getting things back to normal.

Reformating Again!

I have had to reformat this computer over 4 times since the first post in this thread. Every time Windows updates , I wind up having to reformat the thing again. Computer was working fine when I went to bed last night. Get up this morning to see a blue screen of death and had to restart the computer. As soon as the Windows loading screen came up I got the message that" The application DLL C:\windows\system32\LSARV.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette"
    When ok was clicked it went to a black screen and never loaded.
    So I spent the majority of the day today getting every thing back the way I wanted it. But still getting my favorite sites bookmarked in Sea Monkey.

+ Reply to Thread