+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5 inches of snow

Blog Entries

5 inches of snow

Wow ! We got socked with 5 inches of snow --mostly last night into early morning. Fortunately, I planned ahead and took my laptop home and could work from home. I really put in a long day. Yeah, I wore my jammies, robe and fuzzy slippers but I still put in a full day. Working over phone lines made it all the longer. A little after 4 I proclaimed, "I'm going home now" and shut down my pc. The roads were bad this morning and there was no sense wasting time on the road. We also had thought that the snow would pick up and get heavy in the afternoon but that didn't happen. In fact the sun came out. But still 5 inches is significant. I see it as moisture and 'weight' to knock the brown needles off the pine trees. I should have taken a pic when the sun was out--the pines trees were flocked with snow(real snow).
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Real snow! Neat!

It is storming here, and there are tornado warnings.

Thankfully, the storms didn't arrive as early as anticipated because there was a bomb threat at school, and we had to evacuate which meant going outside in the cold and damp for about an hour.

I was proud of the students. They handled it quite well, but it was difficult for those that needed to go to the restroom or felt stressed by not knowing anything. All we knew was that we were told to turn off our cell phones. That was the only clue as to why the alarm went off...

The road in front of the school was blocked. Firetrucks were on the main road, waiting, and the busses were blocked

Of course, it appears to have been a prank, but not NICE at ALL.

More bad thunderstorms are on the way. I bet I go to bed early and sleep hard tonight!

I have a 5 day weekend coming up. It is Mardi Gras time...

I am ready for a break! So much to do...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Shame on the prankster-wonder how much tax money that cost .

Oh, yes, Mardi Gras ! I forgot all about that ! We have nothing like that at all. So, interesting the regional differences !

Yeah!

80 teachers not teaching and almost 1800 students not learning.

Not to mention all the other stuff....

I'm sorry that lp was down for a bit. They had to restart the database server.

I do not do the Mardi Gras thing, but having a few days off is much needed!

Enjoy the snow. I am exhausted...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

It hasn't started yet overhere, but between now (around 2am) and tomorrow night we are going to have 6 to 11 inches of snow!

Oh, I can see that I have 1 unread message, but I can't find where I can read my it (I assume it is a private message).

[edited] I found out how to read my private message.
    Dave

Blog Entries
    I'm attaching a photo taken by a co-worker yesterday morning.
    I love the bird feeder ! She says she bought it in OK from a retired man who makes them. She says it'll last forever. It is nice isn't it.
    Attached Images  

Very nice picture. It's like a Christmas card. And it warms people up in a cold winter day/night.
    Dave

Hi Dave

Hi Dave,
    I've not welcomed you to the group yet and I see you already have 24 posts. I'm from Vicki from West Mi over by Muskegon.
    Did you get all the snow? We have about 6" or so on the ground after it melted a little today. We are still at 32 so hopefully more will melt tomorrow.
    Not that I've minded the last couple days. Yesterday I was out playing with the grand daughter, Aubrey who is 4, while her Mom, Dad and sister (Ally 5) were riding the snowmobile. We were having lots of fun. Tried to build a snowman but the snow was too dry to be sticky enough. So we made snow angels, slid down the snowbanks, and had a little snow throwing. Lots of fun!
    Welcome to the group!
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Hi Vickie,

Thanks for the welcome. I have posted 24 posts huh? I didn't realize I was so talkative. The forum is relatively quiet though. Is it because it is winter?

I am from Canton (eat of Ypsilanti, which is east of Ann Arbor). We got about 6" too. That was still better than the originally forecast 11". But this Tuesday we are going to get to near 50 degrees!
    Dave

Blog Entries

Here We 'Snow' Again !

We'll see: Snow starting tomorrow increasing thru the day with 2-5 by Wednesday morning. Sounds like last Thursday !

Did you get it Cathy? More snow, that is? We are under an advisory with 8"-10" inch forecast before midnight on Wed.
    Looking at the radar though, it is breaking up and splitting to go north and south of us. That happens a lot here, but we can still end up quite a bit of accumulation.
    We had quite a bit of rain yesterday and lost a few inches.
    We do need the moisture, it was dry here last year.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Blog Entries
    Yes, we got snow late Tuesday into Wednesday. It was officially 3 inches but with variations from that. We shoveled the deck Tuesday evening while it was snowing and it looked to be 3 inches and the next morning the deck loked like it did before we shoveled. Might have been 5 total. But this time I was able to drive--even though the roads were unplowed. I think last time there was ice under the snow and that made for dangerous driving. Not to say it wasn't dangerous Wednesday. I saw vehicles that had gone off the road--that'll make you slow down fast !

+ Reply to Thread