+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tragedy...

Tragedy...

This story has been hard on our area. At first, we hoped it was just a hoax. The thought of anyone doing this was just too hard to accept.

But now, it seems that it is reality.

Our hearts are broken and saddened.

I cannot discusss the details It breaks my heart too bad...

How can anyone do such a horrid thing?!?!?

http://wkrg.com/news/article/latest_..._bridge2/9090/
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Yes, I have noted that tragic story as it has unfolded since late last week. It is unfathomable. The depavity of mind and soul of a person who would do that is unfathomable. The depth of despair and irreparable emptiness in the mother is unfathomable. The terror and pain in those childrens' final moments is unfathomable.
    I am sure that we all pray for the Savior to hold the mother and children close to his 'mercy full' heart.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy,

I have numerous Vietnamese students from that community, and I can see how hard this is on them. One student, who normally makes A's on all his tests and does all of his classwork has been putting his head down on the desk. I asked him if he was sick and offered to send him to First Aid, but he just shook his head and said he was okay.

Several times, I asked him if he was okay. He said, Yes, and all I could say was "let me know".
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    I've been kind of following this tragedy on the news, but hadn't really paid attention as to where this happened. I am so saddened by it that it really didn't matter where, the fact that it had happened was enough.

Although not as tragic as this there has been at least 2 incidents here in Indy of parents leaving young children unattended in cars while the parents were shopping. One was an in fact and during the extremely cold weather we had a couple weeks ago and then another incident a week later with a 2 or 3 year old left sleeping while the parents did something and this one had let herself out of the car and was wandering in the parking lot! What the hell is wrong with these people?!

I don't eve like to watch or listen to the news anymore because I hate hearing about these parents (?) treating their children like this. A third incident occurred when parent's "forgot" the child was even in the car! How the hell do you forget your child is in the car? Regardless of how hectic things had been.''I suppose they have this killer under guard and/or in confinement so the other inmates don't try to revenge the deaths of these poor babies. What a waste of time and money.

I know God is a loving and forgiving God, but I can not see how even God could forgive these parents of treating such wonderful, precious gifts from Him like this. I would think these killings would be something even the Lord could not forgive.

Ann I do not envy your position as a teacher who may have to try to explain how adults can do such things or how you will be able to give any comfort to the children in your class who are so obviously disturbed by this act. About all you can do is let them know that you are they and that the pain will lessen over time.

Lord forgive them because I don't know if I can.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

The third body was found today. There has been no announcement yet as to the identity.

Moneys are being raised to pay for the funeral services of the three children. The mother has requested that there be one service for all four.

I cannot imagine the pain and heartbreak of losing 4 children, so very young (all of your children) due to the father murdering them.

What is so very sad to me is that when I was 17, my cousin drowned (18 years old). It took them forever to locate his body in the waters near very where these children are being found. They had almost given up when they found him. It was my first experience of death with a close relative, and it was sooooo very hard. He was an only child and my Aunt suffered dearly for the loss.

For years, I feared that one of my brothers or someone related would be lost in the waters, body not found and always wondering if there was a possibility that they were still alive.

I hate to say this, but it is best that the bodies be found so that the mother/family/friends/community can deal with it as it is and not have false hope.

This is breaking my heart!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Another most heinous crime took place this weekend in Indy when two young mother and their children were gunned down inside their own home. They were hold their babies, ages 4 months and 14 months (or so). All were shot multiple times. What kind of a low life murders an infant, while in it's mother's arms?

The only leads are witnesses who reported seeing two men running away from the house after they had heard the gun shots. They have nearly 100 law enforcement personnel working the case and they are going to catch these animals and put them in a cage where they belong. The Chirf of Police even stated they they would "burn in hell" for this crime.

To say the public is outraged by this would be an understatement.

The people of this earth are really beginning to be very sic and heartless and this makes me wonder about the future of mankind.

Rebecca

Blog Entries
    I agree. There are more people without a moral compass than ever before. The 24/7 news stations drill these stories into our brains and, quite frankly, I think for people already 'disoriented' these stories legitimize their abnormal thinking.
    There is good news out there but it doesn't sell.
    I found this story to offer some hope.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/15048115/detail.html

One little girl is still missing and not found. The weather has been really bad which prevents the volunteers from being able to find her.

It took a couple of days to identify the latest body that was found. It was one year old Lindsey.

Two year old Hannah is still missing, and I have to tell you that this is taking a toll on me.

So tiny, so little, so innocent... I can't help but go into tears as I listen to the news.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Even if an strong adult (good swimmers) had been thrown from this bridge into the waters, it would have been difficult for them to survive. It is a ship channel and very deep. I have fished under this bridge (on a boat) many times, and the current is tremendously strong.

Adding to that the fact that the water is COLD now. Two duck hunters were rescued from the waters when their boat sank near where the bodies were found. They both suffered from hypothermia (spell?) but have survived. The bodies are being found miles away from where they were put in the water.

Here is a slideshow with some pics of the area where the bodies are being found. The fourth child is still missing.

http://wkrg.com/news/article/bridge_...lideshow/9134/
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    It is tragic to not have closure. The impact ripples to others. Here is a link to a story, I am sorry that it is also tragic, but illustrates how the impcat travels and how deeply it can affect:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...119.html?imw=Y

I do hope that that man in the above article finds closure.

Me too!

Tears...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Cathy,

I know that I am taking this thing about the children thrown from the bridge really hard. I cannot explain that, but I am...

I suppose it is just the way that I am. It's like the injured goose, and wanting to help them. This is so, so very close to home.

I ache inside for the loss of these tiny children. The lady on the overpass that took her life did so, willingly. These children had no choice. They died at the choice of their father, someone that they should have been able to trust to care for them until they were able to care for themselves.

I personally know some of the people who are searching for the bodies and have found them. I have been through this before, and it is terribly, terribly hard on everyone.

The fact that these children were all toddler age is horrifying.

I hope that they will find the body of the last child. The thought of not finding her is very sad to me.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

They believe that they have found the body Hanah, the 2 year old. The body of a small Asian girl was found near Venice, Louisiana. An autopsy will be done tomorrow.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Indeed, the body found has been identified as the missing Hanah. Such a long journey that her body made... It is a miracle that she was found and not forever lost in the Gulf of Mexico.

Now, the four tiny bodies can be buried at one funeral service...
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    It is good that this family can have complete closure. surely the Angels of the Lord were watching over Hanna to make sure her body was found.

I am sure these special children are all playing together in the Lords gardens now. I pray the families of all of these slain children find peace in knowing the ones who took their children and grand children from them too soon will soon be dealt Earthly justice and the God will see to the Heavenly justice when that time comes.

It is so hard for mortals to know how we are supposed to find forgiveness in our hearths for the people who do such things. Forgiveness we must (find a way to) do; Forgetting that this has happened is something we should never do.

Rebecca

+ Reply to Thread