+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nov. 17 Xmas Light sighting !

Blog Entries

Nov. 17 Xmas Light sighting !

Nov.17th and neighbors across the pond have their lights strung along the wrought iron fence in the yard. I can't believe it ! But it gives me an idea. I have about 5 miles of icicle lights that I bought on sale years ago and 1 mechanical deer(2 years ago)--all unused. I think I will string lights on the fence ! Easy-no climbing. And put the deer in the yard-and hope my dog doesn't eat it !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

I haven't seen any Christmas decorations in yards, yet. But you bet that a lot will be put up this weekend. That is usually when everyone starts decorating.

We had rain last night and this morning, so that helps, a LOT!

There are no frosts/freezes forecasted for the next two weeks.

We are still having high temperatures in the 79 range, so it is difficult to get in the mood for Christmas.

It is going to cool down tonight, so that makes it perfect to work outside this long weekend.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    EEk! It is 32 degrees here-high today with low of 24(hard freeze) tonight. And, yours truly, is sick--gosh awful sore throat in the tonsil area and 100.5 temp. I still have bulbs to plant. I knew I was getting sick Tuesday and on the way home from work stopped at Wal-Mart for a huge bag of potting soil so I wouldn't have to battle the Sale crowd and at some point I should get well enough to pot some bulbs.
    Happy Thanksgiving !

Blog Entries
    Cathy,

They say misery loves company so you aren't alone as I am sick too. Throat isn't sore yet, but I doubt it will be long before it is. Good thing I am not expected to cook a big meal tomorrow or everyone would be getting soup here!

Get well soon, my friend and then just be well!

Happy thanksgiving.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Thank you !
    I'm feeling better today. Woke up at 5AM with 100 degree temp and bad throat, popped some acetominophen and all is well now. The best thing I did for myself yesterday was to eat a whole can of good old Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup--it's magically effective ! Who needs those new more noodles per spoonful soups !

We had a hard freeze last night--woke up to 21 degrees with 12 wind chill. The 5 foot potted lilies that I left out to get nipped -got nipped. I wrapped the pots and surfaces but wanted the stalks to get the message to stop already ! Off to the garage for them now.

I'm with you--glad no crowd is coming or that I'm going to a crowd. Hoping to find a rotisserie colossal chicken at the supermarket and that'll be the dinner along with some stove top stuffing.

Right now I've got the Macy's parade on--not enough balloons !
    Then the dog show is supposed to be on. I always root for the Elkhounds but they are in the wrong group, hounds, and never win.

Happy Thanksgiving !

It is getting rather chilly outside. The wind is blowing hard.

I just realized that I am about out of potting soil, so there won't be much more repotting done until I can get to the store.

It is going to go down to 39 or so tonight.

Still, not as bad as recent years with hard freezes right at Thanksgiving time!

Can you believe it? I still have subtropical hibiscus blooms!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread