+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Choosing Hyacinth bulbs

Blog Entries

Choosing Hyacinth bulbs

It looks like the appearance of hyacinth bulbs, nursery and big box store, is dismal. I remember buying them loose a couple of years agao and they had their nice purple paper covering and they just looked good. These days I see some evidence of the purple paper covering but mostly a white physically and visually mottled looking bulb--I assume this is what is under that purple paper. I can't describe it--they look like they went through the dishwasher or were pasteurized. They are firm however. Does anyone out there know if bulbs that look like this are still OK ?
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    LOL! Ran over to Home Depot at lunch. Wow still ONLY 33% off BUT here is the LOL part...they are all frozen to the boxes that they are in ! And still only 33% off. Gotta love them big box stores ! I can't see how the bulb companies will give them credit for frozen bulbs..but I guess they will thaw out before reaching their destination(if they even do have to physically return them).
    If only they had discounted to 50, better yet 75 percent at Thanksgiving, they'd be sold and gone. And I would have hyacinth bulbs (boo-hoo). I'll try the store closer to me.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy, Good to see yo on line. Iwas worried about you with the storms in the midwest. Did you get any of that ice. That is terrible and not a lot that can be done about it til it melts on its own.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread