+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rebecca

Rebecca

Dear friends,
    I just wanted to let you all know that Rebecca's Dad has been having some serious problems and is now on a ventilator. She is on her way now to Kentucky where he is in the hospital. Please pray for this family during this time and our dear friend Rebecca. I will up date you when I hear something else.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness. I will certainly pray for Rebecca's Dad, Rebecca and her family.
    Rebecca- You always have such beautiful prayers to offer. I'd like to gather them all up into a bouquet and send them to you !
    We love you Rebecca !

P.S. Rebecca- I just read your post on the latest update. Everything I read I went through with my own Dad just short of the ventilator. If he does have pneumonia, please be sure that he is being attended by a respiratory therapist--they do all sorts of very effective therapy including , I think it's called, percussions on the back to dislodge the congestion.
    I'm just about in tears for him and you and your sister. God bless you all !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

OMG!

Sue! Thanks for letting us know!

I will be praying for Rebecca and family, also.

Rebecca, Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

Hugs!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Prays going out for Rebecca's Dad and for Rebecca also.
    (((Rebecca)))Hugs
    Daylilies are the Lord's smile, a new one everyday

Adding my prayers for Rebecca, her Dad, and sister.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Hi all,
    Got a short note from Rebecca tonight. Her Dad is doing some better and if he has a good night she will probably be heading home tomorrow. He is getting respiratory treatments and suctioning to keep foreign items out of his lungs. He is having trouble swallowing. But was doing better today. It will be a long recovery after the pneumonia, with the hip surgery and then the pneumonia and problems swallowing. So keep up the prayers. I know Rebecca appreciates it. I sure do.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    I am home, Dad is holding his own. Still on the ventilator, though it was only breathing for him 4 times per minute, the rest he is doing on his own and O2 levels are really good. Diastolic BP was really low, in part due to his being sedated so he wouldn't fight the ventilator.

Newest "problem" is blood pooling in his lungs, but suctioning is keeping that to a minimum while they figure out why it is happening. They took him off the blood thinners after one dose as that is when the bleeding happened. they drew blood today for testing to check clotting factors and to help pin point why this is happening. Dad is getting the best of care form very attentive nurses and doctors who are quick to take action when these little problems show up.

The pneumonia responded very well to antibiotics and it, believe it or not, was just about cleared up. Since he was having a problem getting things down the right pipes they also put in a gastric feeding tube the same day they put him on the Vent., which was after he aspirated his breakfast! The initial aspiration occurred the day before when his GURD started all these other issues. they nly had the cannula and then a nasal feeding tube, but when the pneumonia set in, the went to the Ventilator and gastric feeding tube.

Anyway, he was holding his own this morning and the entire staff in CCU is staying as ahead of things as they can. Not much we can do until he comes off the Vent, which may be in the next day or so. My brother will probably be going back down sometime this week, but unless Daddy is is really serious shape I can't make another trip as I have auctions closing and too many things that can't be just left.

With the Alzheimer's on top of everything else, Dad doesn't really know who I am, at least not like he knows who Bob and Sis are and other family members who are and have been around him the last couple of years.

Your prayers and words of encouragement have meant more to me that y'all will know. Sue, where would I be w/o you!

Cathy I saw where you bid on one of the orphans that didn't have a bid yet; you might as well get the other one too! Both are nice and will give you some great genes to add to your breeding program. They you can do 3 way sibling crosses!

I've a lot of catching up to do this week, but I will be checking new posts as I have a few minutes.

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread