+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How low of a outdoor temp can HP's tolerate ?

Blog Entries

How low of a outdoor temp can HP's tolerate ?

I'm debating when to bring in my Houseplants(peace lilies; gingers). It will be 48 tonight and 38 tomorrow night; are those too low to stay out(next to the house) ?
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

They will be okay at 38. As long as it is not freezing/frost, they will do okay outside!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    Thanks ! I ran out of daylight today. I am sooo glad that I got all the shrubs planted(3 privets yesterday and 1 arborvitae and 1 juniper today). The rain has not come yet(was predicted at noon and it's 7 PM) but the temps have gone done and with the wind that has been blowing since yesterday, it is chilly. Also changed the lightbulbs in the light fixtues on each side of the garage door--not something to do once it gets really cold.
    Peony division did not happen; who knows, it still might pending the weather. I think they can be divided even post freeze(not that I'd wait that long). The daylilies will most likely all stay put until spring.
    I'm glad I got a houseplant reprieve. The peace lilies are cleaned up but not the gingers and jasmine. And then I have to spray them with houseplant bug killer b4 coming in. Still lots to go all the while keeping a close eye on the temps !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

+ Reply to Thread