+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Heat Wave is GONE

The Heat Wave is GONE

Thank goodness! And I think they have gotten the air conditioners working at school. It was a rough week...

The temps have fallen to the normal upper 80's and lower 90's with a little rainfall almost every day for the next week.

Nothing in the tropics right now, and quite frankly, I am ready for peace and quiet and NORMAL!

Cheers!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

And I for one hope it stays gone. We are down in the lower 80's now and around 90 most of the week. Chance of showers everyday. We could sure use that.
    tennessee sue

I'm off tomorrow, for a Doctor's appointment. I do hope it is cooler so that I can spend the afternoon getting some stuff done!

88-92, I can deal with... 99-100, I cannot!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Blog Entries
    The evenings and early mornings are nice and cool : 60's.
    Still have highs in the low 90's but it's just a matter of time.
    I went out at 8:30 to pull hummingbird vine off my house. I am convinced that if there ever was to be a cataclismic end to the earth, that hummingbird vine would find a way to persist.
    We painted the house last fall and already I have to touch up where the tendrils grabbed into the siding.
    It is unbelievable how much I pulled and there is srill much more that has popped up in the daylily bed(that will be another day). Somehow I got a touch of sciatica. I am on a coffe break right now(I have my own union-LOL!) and will go back and attempt to stuff all the pulled vines into an already half full trash can. The, I have to tend to some of the too dry lily pots (that had been covered by the vines). And then, give the dog a bath !
    Rain is forecasted W-Sun. Lower temps-80's- are preducted. Good thing as the a/c quit last Wednesday. We are trying to get through fall and buy a new system in the spring(hopefully).
    Labor Day--that's the day we are our own worst boss and force ourselves to catch up on weeks of gardening chores let go due to the heat !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

OK, since everyone has reported in, here's the Austin weather - highs in low to mid 80's, low around 70 in the evening - really pleasant, comfortable weather for working outdoors. We have significant probability of rain this week but none has found it to our place - but the clouds are keeping the temperatures down and breezes blowing. Almost feels like fall is around the corner.
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Blog Entries
    Tee-hee ! A taste of autumn.....gotta love those temps !

http://www.ksn.com/weather
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

OMG! Look at those wonderful temperatures!

I must admit that having a low below 70 degrees was nice this morning, but the afternoons here are still hovering around 90 degrees.

Not bad, though, compared to the last couple of months.

I am ready for cooler, but definitely NOT ready for COLD...

Gee! After all those hurricanes, I don't think I'll complain! At least we are getting some ocassional rain, and I feel for Sue and others who are still struggling with too little.
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

We finally got some of that rain this afternoon. 3/4 of an inch of it. Nice, I enjoyed it but in the long run not nearly enough. But enough for today. They are calling for some more tomorrow and we are supposed to cool down to 70's in the daytime and lower 50's to upper 40's at night. That will feel pretty cold after what we have been having. I could stand those temps for a long time. Hoping i am able to get out and do some work in the yard.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread