+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Government Programs #!@%$&*!

Blog Entries

Government Programs #!@%$&*!

I am still so angry and upset I could spit!

I found out there is still a full two year back-log in scheduling SS Disability Hearings and as if that weren't bad enough all by itself, someone dropped the ball again on my state health care application (which was denied in January and I didn't find out about it until May or June). The new case worker was supposed to resubmit the original application with and up-dated report from my doctor and because of a family emergency wasn't able to do it. My case was give back to the same person who dropped the ball the first time. When I called the other day she hadn't even looked at my file and now I have to totally re-apply and got through all the same BS I went through before.

I was so upset I not only wrote to my state Senator, but to my Congressman.

Oh and I got a new application form in the mail today. This is going to be a fun fall, I can tell already. NOT

Thanks for reading, I just Had to let off some steam.

Rebecca

Blog Entries
    That is appalling. Writing your gvt. rep. is a good idea and probably the best avenue at this point. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Me too, Cathy. I don't have enough daylilies, Hosta or other digable, ship-able plants to support myself for two more year. Guess I will be selling some of the breeding plants before I wanted too, fortunately, not quite yet.

I can sell some Hosta, either this fall or in the spring as I have to move several clumps that are just getting too much sun since the big Red Bud tree died on me.

Here's the ones I have to move that I can think of off the top of my head:

ROYAL STANDARD - huge clump, nearly 5' across
    HONEY BELLS - late bloomer + fragrant, about 3-4' across
    SUM AND SUBSTANCE (possibly) - might just be a single plant, but it is HUGE!
    GOLD STANDARD - small clump
    And several I just don't know the name of, various sizes.

I also have a surplus of Bleeding Heart and some are pretty good size so I could divide them, but where to I put them in the meantime?

I'll have some "NOID" Lilies available perhaps next fall. They are just babies now.

Then there's the Siberian Iris, but there's only two and one is a seedling (the pale lavender one), but the clumps have gotten to be humongous!

Oh well, I may have to sell off a lot of my plants, but once I win, and I will win and they have to pay me all the way back to August of last year, I will be able to replace everything I have had to lose because of their inefficiency.

I just hope my disability (physical part) hasn't progressed to the point that I can no long garden. Now that would really tick me off.

I think I will call my Disability case manager and see what he knows about Medicaid. Plus I need to let him know I've been writing congressmen and senators!

Rebecca

Amen. There is no excuse for the way these offices are run. I think writing the politicians might get things speeded up for you. I hope and pray it will.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread