+ Reply to Thread

Thread: impulse sprinklers

impulse sprinklers

I may be dumb but someone please tell me how to adjust this thing. I have looked all over the WWW for instructions and non came with it. It is on an H base and came from KMart but is Sears brand. It has lots of little arms and stuff but I can't figure out how to adjust it. Please help me. I am not mechanically inclined.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Oh boy ! Here goes. Now I assume it has a metal thingee that kinda looks like a paper clip hanging down. And then , two plastic clip rings one on top of the other ? These 3 things work together to define the area you wnt covered. Rotate one of the two plastic clip rings so it's not directly seated on top of the other. The more you separte the two the wider the coverage area. When the metal thingee hits the one ring it will move back towards the other plastic thingee and so on.
    Before I go on...am I describing the right sprinkler ?
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy, I think that is it. I will have to bring it in and read the post while I am looking at it.
    Thanks.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    OK, so you can see that when the thingee hits the ring clip it will trip it and send it back to the other ring clip.
    Next step, is there a dial of sorts on the top ? Don't worry it won't be there too long before it a) fails to work or b) breaks off. Allegedly, this feature controls the distance that the water will travel. (I'm sorry, I must laugh right now--just hope that when it does fall of that it was set at a suitable distance for the remainder of eternity).
    Next, did it come with bricks or rocks ? Well, you''ll need them to anchor the feet which will move once the water starts shooting out of it.
    I think that about covers it.
    They are very good, but typically not long lived. And if your dog likes to chew plastic...well...
    Good Luck !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Thank you Cathy. I'll get it out tomorrow and see what I can do with it. I'll wait til my daughter is here to cut the water off and on for me. I about drowned myself the other day. But I admit it felt pretty darned good with this unbearable heat we are having. Speaking of the heat I will remind all of you to take it easy out there and if you have to be out wear sunscreen and a hat. And drink plenty of water. This type of heat can be so dangerous.
    Cathy, unlike most Jack Russell Terrors, Shawnee is not a chewer or digger. I did catch the neighbors 2 year old carrying my new sprinkler around the yard. Maybe she can figure out how to set it for me. I'll let you know how I do woth it. One way or another everything will have yo be watered again tomorrow. With this heat it dries up quickly, especially the potted plants. If it there weren't so many I would move them to the shade. If this keeps up much longer I may try to rig up some shade for the big areas of potted plants. I did move a few potted plants in the back to the shade the other day. It does help keep the watering down a little.
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread