+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Barks, Claws, Rocks And Roots

Blog Entries
    Thanks Sue and Cathy!

Yep the hibiscus is close and since she has a lot more room that I have, it will get huge there and I won't have to care for it, just admire it! Here's what the whole bloom looks like!
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Cool!

I need to plant some more seeds!

My hardy hibiscus seedlings have not bloomed at all this year, but I think that is due to the drought conditions. They are still very much alive, but simply have not bloomed.

Bummer! But I know that next year will be better, and who knows, maybe some of them will bloom this year. I am still waiting...

Rose of Sharon is blooming like crazy. It is just the hardy hibiscus that that are not bloomng.

These babies need water, and I simply have not had the time to provide it, but I won't complain as long as they survive!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Rebecca, I think I was mistaken. I had seed for the Rose of Sharon with the red heart. This is the hardy hibiscus that I have been wanting. If you see any seeds on it can you swipe a few for me? I had this one at the farm and it is my favorite. I think it is Disco Bell.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    ue and All,

Since Di isn't one to spend much time "working" in her flower beds I am sure there will be some seeds available so it shouldn't be a problem harvesting several pods when they are ready. Plus, she has 2 of these plants!

I will add these to the list of seeds to save!

Rebecca
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Wonderful pictures!! Thanks for sharing.
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2