+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lugging hoses again

Blog Entries

Lugging hoses again

Wichita needs rain. It hardly rained while I was gone for a week plus. The weatherman says rain but it never materializes. Just got done lugging hoses around. I'm hedging my bet and holding off from the daylily beds as maybe it really will rain. I fertilized all the potted lilies and a few plants here and there. Saw more crabgrass in the lawn than I care to see. If it wasn't so darn hot, I'd yank it out but it's too hot to do anything but the intended 'mission'.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Cathy,
    We have finally ben getting rain. Some everyday for about the last 2 weeks.
    I got tired of dragging the hose around. I bought a gadget that I can put on my spigot and connect 2 hoses to. Each side has an on/off valve. I have one hose to the front and one to the back. It sure has saved me a lot of work. Of course I can leave the one to the front down all the time as it isn't in an area that has to be mowed or anything. The one in the back is right beside the hose caddy so it is really convenient for me. I also go some quick connects for the different watering wands and sprinklers I use. It makes it all so much easier.
    Since we have been getting rain I have had to have the yard mowed. I think it had only been mowed twice all summer before last week. It looks like it will have to be mowed again this week.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    Yay ! It is raining ! Heavy ! I don't regret the hose lugging.
    Just got home from a weekly church event. I have the last two Easter plants. Yes, Easter ! 2 pink calla lilies. I quick ran out and put them under a tree. Silly moi--there is lightning. Anyway, the other callas--I have about 5 or 6 all together now-- are doing quite well. I'll have to protect them come winter though. I also have about 5 azaleas and 5 hydrangeas and 7 or 8 pots of Easter lilies.
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

It steamy hot today. I managed to sneak into the greenhouse long enough to water everything. My baby amaryllis will love me for that!

Then, I looked around and thought, "If it doesn't rain this afternoon, I HAVE to turn on the sprinker. Then, I heard it... Thunder! I looked on the doppler, and it does appear that there will be a good chance of thunderstorms.

Here's hoping it DOES!!!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Yep!

The sky is dark. The wind is blowing, and it looks like a sizable storm, so I actually think I may get some rain out of this one!

At least the temperature is dropping a little....
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Whew! A nice, heavy rain, but too much lightning and lots of short power failures.

It appears that we had 2" which will help, a LOT! The temperature has dropped down to 80 degrees.

Thank YOU! Thank YOU! Thank YOU!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

+ Reply to Thread