+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Camera closeups are revealing!

Blog Entries
    Slightly different angle and not as share as I'd like:
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    previous images were of Balsam, this is a very personal view of the individual blooms of a butterfly bush.
    Attached Images  
    Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us. We are not the only experiment.
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    This is an individual bloom of the Hosta 'Royal Standard'. If you look carefully you can see a yellow stain on the pistil indicating that this bloom has been pollinated, most likely by a bumble bee.
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    Stonecrop, bloom cluster:
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    This is a wild phlox that grows in my area. Blooms start out a pale pink and fade to white. There is a spring flowering variety that is a lavender blue, but I've never had the camera with me or been able to cross the creek to get a close up of them! They tend to prefer a shady area, while the summer flowering one likes full sun best. It can be an invasive weed.
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Blog Entries
    This is a yellow 4 O'clock that was still open at 7:30AM and the last decent image for tonight. I will have to see what else I can find to get really close to in the next day or so. Wind, even the slightest breeze can be a real problem when your are only 6 inches from the subject and there is very little lee-way in your camera's ability to focus. I get all of the best images of my miniature daylilies using the macro setting and the largest resolution my camera can give.
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Toad Lily close up

My latest contribution to this cause - a Toad Lily close up. This is a strange flower which becomes stranger the closer you look at it.
    Attached Images  
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Blog Entries
    Bob,

I wish I had your camera and you had an even better one! Man how I wish I could get that much detail!

My Toads won't be blooming for another 6 weeks or so, but I will see what I can get this season!

I did take quite a few close ups the other day and once I up grade Irfanview, I'll see if I can't post a few for all y'all to ogle at!

Rebecca
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

Bulbine up close and personal

The Bulbine bloom is less than a half inch in size until you blow it up and see how complex such a little flower can be.
    Attached Images  
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Bee and Ant on Canna 'nirvana'

Cannas really do attract pollinators easily like this bee and ant.
    Attached Images  
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Dazzling Caesalspinia bloom

This individual bloom on the Caesalspinia is so dazzling, the red pistols tend to blend right in with the rest of the bloom cluster.
    Attached Images  
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Rebecca, Please don't apologize for the great pictures you are posting. I will confess that I do a little graphic enhancement of my photos taken with my digital camera, not to exaggerate the color but to restore the color to what my eye has actually seen, so no camera is perfect - believe me.

If you or anyone else wants to see more photos I have taken from my garden, go to

http://www.plantswap.net/photoplog/index.php?u=11

This is another more local forum I participate in and I can create my own photo gallery on it. Most of these pictures I dual post on both forums.

Bob
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Blog Entries
    Bob,

Don't get me wrong, I like what my little camera can do, just wish I could get better detail on close shots. The macro setting is very restricted, with a focal range of only 6.5 to 7.5 inches - so not much leeway at all! And with some shots I'd love to get I can't get even that close.

I did a lot of macro-photography when I shot with a 35mm SLR and used various appliances to enhance things light depth of field. Can't do that with a digital, at least not the "normal" digital cameras! There is a Digital SLR available, but that is way beyond my reach and I rather doubt it is as easy to use (yet) as the standard digital camera is.

This little camera does a great job for what it can do!

Rebecca

PS

When you upgrade to a better camera, just remember, I wished for your old one first! LOL!
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

It is very tricky. I have a 4/10 inch macro but must take several shots just to get one good one as the slightest movement = disaster. I use a Nikon Colorpix 4800, 4 megapixels camera (to get any more mpx isn't worth it). I do have a lot of fun with it. My wife nearly died when I paid $400 for it but now you can get the same featured camera for significantly less.
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Blog Entries
    This isn't the closest image I have of this Hosta bloom stem, but it turned out so nice as an oil pastel I just have to show it off!
    I did do a bit of tweaking with color and lighting, but not very much. Added a dual colored mat and a frame and . . . well, see for yourself!
    Attached Images  
    - R. Buckminster Fuller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast