+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Epiphyllum guatamalense 'monstrose'

Epiphyllum guatamalense 'monstrose'

Since we don't have a "Succulent" category, guess this is best placed here.

This fascinating little plant just charms me. It's an epi, but miniature in size, very twisted/contorted foliage and it produces a 4" long flower stem with a 1" wide white night blooming flower just like the big epi's but miniature in size.
    Attached Images  
    Bob Beyer
    Austin TX, Zone 8b/9a

Bob,
    That is cute as a button. It looks just like my night blooming ceris in miniature. Mine is about 6 feet tall. Maybe I should trade it for the mini. I am having problems in the winter finding a place for it. It had 2 buds but one fell off. Hoping it will get more.
    tennessee sue

It did get more buds. The stem to that bloom was about 8-9 inches long and the bloom was larger than my hands cupped together. I could smell it as I walked out the front door. THis picture was taken without a flash by the headlights of my car. All those with the flash just showed a big white blob. I also took some with my 35mm so hopefully will have an even better picture when I get them developed. It is a beauty. The stigma had a fringe around it like a little flower itself. It doesn't really show up that well in this picture.
    Attached Images  
    tennessee sue

I know it is cerus not ceris, my hand just goes crazy and types what it wants to. THis is a picture of the whole plant. I told you it was tall.
    Attached Images  
    tennessee sue

+ Reply to Thread