+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally rain!

Finally rain!

We've finally got some rain here in West MI. It has been very hot 10 to 15 degrees above normal. Broken some records for highs and I swear must have for lack of rain! Though they haven't said that. This is the 1st rain in almost 3 weeks! I've been busy trying to get the gardens weeded, soaker hoses and mulched, getting the annuals and some new perennials planted.
    Happy Growing,
    Vicki in West. Mich.

Congratulations, Vicki!

We have been in the same boat...

I think I must have gotten 2-3" in the last two days, and that is more than I have had in 3 months or more.

AND we have been having record breaking high temperatures, as well.

I won't complain, as long as the ground is wet so I can finally start digging and getting some of these babies in the ground.

We won't talk about weeding. I don't think I'll ever get all of that done.

Stilll, it is nice to have some decent rain for a change.

Now, I must hush! Because hurricane/tropical storm season is upon us, and I'm ready for a quiet year.

Oh, my first purple coneflower bloom opened today, so does that tell you how dry it has been?

Cheers!
    Ann B.
    Zone 9a
    Gulf Coast

Hi all. We got some decent rain last night too. It has been so dry that all I get done some days is watering. I think my water bill was more last month than ever. We have been having "scattered showers", but I don't appear to be in the scattering zone. That is mostly toward one of the lakes usually. Maybe that weather pattern is breaking up. I hope so for all of us. I also hope no bad hurricanes for anyone this year.
    tennessee sue

Blog Entries
    We are in for 90's --up to 99 on Sunday. No rain in sight. We've had way too much already. So, heat + water =Humidity. Ick !
    "If I keep a green bough in my heart, a singing bird will come"

Blog Entries
    Heat and humidity are here. Worst part is, despite all the rain a week ago, it's time to haul the garden hose all around. ..in the heat and humidity !

Blog Entries
    Now I get to play move the sprinkler all the while knowing that it could rain tonight. But, if it doesn't rain, tomorrow is forecasted to be much worse than today and I don't want to lug sprinklrs.
    I am bowing out of the Daylily Show this year; it's tomorrow. Too much work and too much work needs to happen right here at home. Anyway, I have my own Daylily Show every day in my own backyard and they all win ribbons !

+ Reply to Thread